d2 State champs game

the 2020 season championship will likely be played in 2021... yes.

also, I changed your title to be a bit more descriptive

This is NO a joke!
Just got word from COACH BURKHART that the State Championship Game with Balmorhea has been CANCELED due to Balmorhea having a COVID outbreak.

Please share with everyone as soon as possible. Thx
Richland Springs

I got the same text! But also got one that said it’s evolving still and there talking to Uli and Balmorhea to try and figure out what’s gonna happen!

markf":3gsu2t4t said:
This is NO a joke!
Just got word from COACH BURKHART that the State Championship Game with Balmorhea has been CANCELED due to Balmorhea having a COVID outbreak.

Please share with everyone as soon as possible. Thx
Richland Springs

Cancelled and postponed are two different things let us not panic. First off prayers to balmoreah and hope they recover soon. RS relax your school dealt with it early in the year so you should understand. Believe it or not bigger things in life than football. Dont let this go where i think its going please everyone relax.

Media Advisory: UIL 1A-4A Football State Championships Update

AUSTIN — The UIL has been notified that due to COVID-19, the Conference 1A Division II six-man football state championship game between Balmorhea and Richland Springs will not take place in conjunction with the 1A-4A football state championship games at AT&T Stadium in Arlington this week. At this time, all other 1A-4A football state championship games are set to go on as scheduled.

Per the UIL Football Playoff Information Handbook, if one or both teams are unable to play in the state championship game due to COVID-19, teams will be allowed to reschedule games at a site determined by both schools. These games should be completed by January 16 for 1A-4A schools.

Well as was said earlier the first text we received said canceled. Then later on we got there in talks trying to figure it out! So as all this unfolds we will get new info on what they finally figure out! Hope all is well in Balmorhea and hope the kids get to play

hey!

It WAS per Cowboy's reporting at first... yes, based on the UIL, but they had not made an announcement YET... I was just giving him credit... something that is really hard to do. LOL

51eleven":2392bxrs said:
Junction might be a good location. In between. Not real big, isolated other than on I-10.

Not big enough. 1565 per Texas Bob's. Kerrville is 5035. A little more room for those that will social distance. Boerne 6698. Or San Antonio.

While JB would never go for it, Ft. Stockton makes a lot of sense from a social distancing perspective. Otherwise, it will probably be a flip between San Angelo (Richland Springs) vs. Midland/Odessa (Balmorhea).

Back