D2 Sleepers/Teams of Interest

Pdevitt13

Six-man expert
Doing the same for D2 now...

McLean = 15 returning lettermen 4O/3D dropping down should help them challenge in District 2

Loop = 13 returning lettermen 5O/5D should be in the mix with Sands for 2nd place behind Klondike

Grandfalls-Royalty = 11 returning lettermen 5O/5D have some playmakers, can they hang with Fort Davis & Sierra Blanca

Gold-burg = 15 returning lettermen 4O/4D should be the favorite in District 10

Kopperl = 11 returning lettermen 6O/6D Eagles bring back everyone and should contend in District 11

Trinidad = 11 returning lettermen 5O/5D Oakwood the clear favorite, but can they make the leap and compete with Bynum?

Blanket = 13 returning lettermen 4O/5D loaded district with Sidney, Rising Star, and Zephyr but Blanket has some talent back

I’m keeping an eye on Iredell. Were beat in playoffs last year by Oglesby, but were all Sophmores. All starters returning as jr’s. Should be a solid team, lots of grit, including a RB that got first in state in the 200. He just needs to be coached to juke and then when defensive players are on their hills to occasionally lower his shoulder and run through them like GR did.
I see em moving up in the ranking pretty quickly.

I’m keeping an eye on Iredell. Were beat in playoffs last year by Oglesby, but were all Sophmores. All starters returning as jr’s. Should be a solid team, lots of grit, including a RB that got first in state in the 200. He just needs to be coached to juke and then when defensive players are on their hills to occasionally lower his shoulder and run through them like GR did.
I see em moving up in the ranking pretty quickly.
I never did like for the defensive guys to be on the hills because they can run so much faster coming down the hills than I could run up the hills!

Not sure how Iredell is a sleeper…..they played in the regional final last year and brought everyone back. Should be a given. There is a reason they are #6.

I believe Sidney lost all there studs, they were coaches kids. Coach Grant is gone, assuming his kids are too.

Not sure how Iredell is a sleeper…..they played in the regional final last year and brought everyone back. Should be a given. There is a reason they are #6.

I believe Sidney lost all there studs, they were coaches kids. Coach Grant is gone, assuming his kids are too.
DCTF listed two players with the last name Grant for Sidney

Iredell is #6 on DCTF Rankings. They sit at #11 here on this site. Which is the only reason I'm giving them the "sleeper" status. Their starting outside the Top10. I fully expect them to do good and make another playoff run.

McLean and Miami. I'm just going to say this now, but I believe McLean could end up being better than most people are thinking. Miami losing Thompson will hurt and it may take some time to get things rolling with a new coaching staff.

Amherst will be solid again. Balmorhea still has a few years in the tank. GFalls is on the rise.

McLean and Miami. I'm just going to say this now, but I believe McLean could end up being better than most people are thinking. Miami losing Thompson will hurt and it may take some time to get things rolling with a new coaching staff.

Amherst will be solid again. Balmorhea still has a few years in the tank. GFalls is on the rise.
I agree McLean is a team to watch. They will be really young, but have a solid core freshman and sophmore group. Stran Henderson is a name to keep an eye on.

Miami should be a decent team, if they have a player take the lead role. If they make playoffs, I predict they lose round 1. They definetly will not be any where similar to last year without Thompson leading on the field and Howell leading from the sideline. They have talent returning though, hopefully the new coach comes up with a game plan to bring the best out.

Back