D1 Quarterfinal Picks

I've seen Throck and Valley both play, and I have to say if they meet up it will be one heck of a game, but if Throck is firing on all cylinders, and doesn't turn the ball over, I think they have a real solid shot at a repeat... I haven't seen Rankin, but I am looking forward to this weekend, hopefully I'll be able to make it out to Snyder...

rainjacktx":38jlge5s said:
rbwatson":38jlge5s said:
Ive seen this before raincrack, and I think its probably a little more than ambien. They have rehab for that you know. lol

Don't start projecting your personal self-control issues on to me. I got 99 problems, but substance abuse ain't one.
Only 99? I can at least double that......................

Tallman":3pvbj9bo said:
Richey ran for almost 400 yards against your wildcats and he set out the whole fourth quarter so your argument doesn't hold water. Yeah I have seen throck and they had trouble running the ball against Motley. Wait till they play a real team.

Well, you seem to have things pretty well figured out there Tallman so I guess we'll just have to wait and see. However, in an effort get the story straight, Richey ran for 286 yards on 21 carries. That's still a lot of yardage by a very good running back but it's really not almost 400 yards now is it?

Track may not have stopped thier running game but still 45 em. They still found a way to beat a solid team so the question is can anyone stop throck?

I got Rankin in the upset. Throck is firing on all cylinders but when your moving that fast a single mistake will kill you. And if that mistake comes in the form of a turnover early, I see Rankin taking full advantage of the big purple monster's mistake.

We've played both Abbott and Oakwood and Abbott is a much better team and as always Abbott always gets better in the playoffs!Oh Lordy I hope lightning don't strike for saying something good about Abbott!

older than dirt":b4u20pu3 said:
Lordy I hope lightning don't strike for saying something good about Abbott!

Don't worry. Lightning won't strike you. You will be hit with a plague of continual sand storms for the next 7 years though. :)

51eleven":32fo79qr said:
MV_23":32fo79qr said:
Oakwood
Valley
T-rock
SANTA ANNA

You don't get to 11-1 (their best record ever) without being good but with all due respect to Santa Anna,,, Their regular season opponents were a combined 46-53. Their one loss to Rochelle by 30 was in district and resulted in a 3 way tie decided by a coin flip. A little luck always helps. They did beat the other district finalist Zephyr by 20 who beat Rochelle by 28. Then Gordon 45's Zephyr in the 1st round. They did 45 Lingleville in round 1, as Gordon had done the week before. And they beat 7-5 Blum (who got beat by some top teams - and beat sone good ones) by 33. Guess we will see how it plays out on the field.

yes true but santa anna did beat a healthy zephyr team Gordon did 45 them but jesko was out before halftime and King from zephyr one of thier main defense guys also got hurt and id say if zephyr would have stayed healthy the game would have been a little different but gordon is a great team and i guess we will have to see how it goes

6manfootballfan1234":3i3mgouk said:
Who do you have winning the quarterfinal games?

My picks
Valley over Petersburg by 21
Throck over Rankin by 30
Gordon over Santa Anna by 8
Abbott over Oakwood by 15

I feel the top two are correct ,,,,,,,kinda. Both win!! My gut tells me both could easily be short games! Valley/Pete should be for sure!
Other two?? I have no clue really. Good luck to those four teams.

Would like to hear Rainjack's take on the next two for Valley. Figure if they get by them, they will take the big trophy. Looked like they handled Pete pretty easily by the score of the first one and they would seem to match up with throck pretty well.

older than dirt":3fmjdny7 said:
Ya'll west Texas boys are something else as good natured as ya'll are you need to live in cedar choppin country!

I tried it once. I have since made a vow to never live within 50 miles of a county that has "Bear Creek Road" in its 911 street registry.

6mansam":3p1puby6 said:
Would like to hear Rainjack's take on the next two for Valley. Figure if they get by them, they will take the big trophy. Looked like they handled Pete pretty easily by the score of the first one and they would seem to match up with throck pretty well.

This is the playoffs. You need only ask RS about beating someone in the regular season only to lose to them when it counts.

Petersburg is big. Big and strong and deep. And besides that, they're big. If Valley does win Friday, I highly doubt it will be by the 38 point margin they had last time. Did I mention that Pete was big?

I think Valley will beat the Buff's Friday. But like I said - not my the margin they won by last time.

And the payoff for that? Throck or Rankin will be waiting.

Rankin has quietly gone from, "they're pretty good" to "they could win state". I know I didn't see them coming until week 9 or so. Throck is Throck. Rankin is going to have to win the mind game against the Throck reputation as well as the football game on the field.

I think I would rather see a Rankin-Valley semi than I would a Throck-Valley semi.

Tallman":zxwz1cwa said:
Boy the truth hurts doesn't it? You throck cheerleaders are as bad as richlands. Yeah when you can't argue the truth resort to personal attacks. That's what immature people do.

I think thats the pot calling the kettle black. All you have done is resort to personal attacks. You've done that over several different threads.

Back