Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SA Town East

• Alvin Living Stones

• Total voters

Kramer

11-man fan
Saw this on D-I form, So thought I'd give a turn on the D-II form.....

My vote is:

Fredericksburg Heritage (great program, great tradition)
will defeat
Alvin Living Stones (program on the rise, GREAT spread back)

The winner of the 2nd round match-up between Dickinson Pine Drive vs. Boerne Geneva will go on to defeat Fredericksburg Heritage in probably the most exciting sixman game in TAPPS history.

Meaning exciting because of how close it will be.....

Dickinson Pine Drive / Boerne Geneva
vs.
Fredericksburg Heritage

Dickinson Pine Drive / Boerne Geneva winner WINS IT ALL

Wonder Dog":kwcdmjgd said:
The winner of the 2nd round match-up between Dickinson Pine Drive vs. Boerne Geneva will go on to defeat Fredericksburg Heritage in probably the most exciting sixman game in TAPPS history.

Meaning exciting because of how close it will be.....

Dickinson Pine Drive / Boerne Geneva
vs.
Fredericksburg Heritage

Dickinson Pine Drive / Boerne Geneva winner WINS IT ALL

Just remember ... Heritage and Geneva have already played this season. 44-16 Heritage.

Correct Mr. Lifegate....

44-16, a 28 point loss. I believe (if it's Geneva) they will be a better prepared team, MAINLY BECAUSE IT'S VERY TOUGH BEATING A TEAM TWO TIMES IN ONE SEASON....

Staying with my pick(s)..... even though Heath Fulton looks pretty darn good as well....

Freddy wins it all, in a game nowhere close to greatest game in TAPPS history, think thats going way too far. if they do meet with Geneva, I'm sure Geneva will be more prepared, but not as prepared as Freddy will be. Coach Shipman has been around along time and the best coach in TAPPS D2 imo, if it comes down to that rematch itl be freddy by 30 at least.

I've watched half of these teams play and have been keeping up with the scores from the others. They are all very good teams and as you well know, anyone can be beat on any given day. However, Freddy is by far the best TAPPS DII team I have seen. Freddy is a very disciplined, well coached and a talented football team. Unless something crazy happens between now and then, they are my pick to win the TAPPS DII title.

TAPPS DI is the harder pick!

Just an outsider looking in:)

we'll all know much better this after this weekend how dii plays out. but, the way the brackets are set, here's how i see it:

district 3 champ should be freddy, which should play brenham in first round, and living stones in 2nd
district 1 champ is a toss up for me, but I'll pick brownwood...should play castle hills in first rd, tyler street in 2nd
disrict 2 champ is heath fulton, which should play orange community in first, and play happy hill/seguin winner in 2nd
district 4 champ is pine drive, which should play lubbock kingdom in first rd, and town east in 2nd

hinal four is (top bracket) freddy v. ? (dts could be there, so could be brownwood or castle hills). anyway, they are just fodder for the freddy machine.
(bottom bracket) is heath fulton v. pine drive

my final is the battle fo the f's in fulton and freddy. haven't seen freddy, but I don't think fulton has what it takes to beat them.
there are alot of good match-ups setting up in the playoffs though.

My best guess is that the state champ will come from the south, the south is loaded with 5-6 teams that I believe are good enough to take state. The north has maybe 3-4 that can bring it home. But, thats why we play the games. District 3 is top heavy, whoever gets the 4 or 5 seed is gonna get a handful for a first round game. Playoffs should be fun!!!!!

After putting most of these teams to the EYE TEST...
EYE TEST - means Seen in person.

My hypothesis is:
Hypothesis - an estimated guess made by having observations of the subjects in question.

Best team in the state - Fredericksburg Heritage - cant find a weakness. If you study them, which I have.. Example : Their special teams are solid, Look at their kickoff team for example.. They run down in an organized group and then they flow to the ball. I can tell they work alot on special teams. I've been studying them since week 0. Hard to find a weak spot on these guys.
They don't even quiver at the site of krypto-nite....

2nd best - Boerne Geneva - Has a very solid Passing game. If you run into these guys, You better have some great schemes for #7 (qb), because he is deadly accurate with the ball. Their receivers are quick, and all of them makes catches, including the center.

3rd best - Heath Fulton - a lot of talented athletes all over the field. They are very talented in the spread.

4th best - Brownwood Victory Life/WF ND winner - Have not seen them play. Going on my system I use. It's a very complicated system. Calls for 3oz. of plutonium, 2c of carbon charcoal filters and 1 case of dasani waters.

I put several teams here because I've seen flaws or (**) flaws will get exposed.....
5th best - Living Stones (flaws), SA Town East (flaws), Happy Hill (flaws), Denton Calvary (flaws), Pine Drive (flaws)
(**)B-Wood Victory Life/WF Notre Dame loser will be exposed.

example of a flaw.... We (PD) knew going into the game vs. Living stones, that special teams MAY PLAY BIG IN A CLOSE GAME.... Our game plan was we (PD) make are extra points... WE MUST BLOCK THEIR EXTRA POINTS or make them throw for 1 point.. because 8s add up faster than 6s or 7s.

We found the weakness (by scouting them) on their line during extra points, got the snap timed to a "T" and blocked all kicks... and on every extra point, it was just like we practiced... Blocked all their kicks, they did get one off but missed.
I will not go into detail on the other teams, because we may play them during playoff time and those flaws are my secret....

Only ? mark I have is, how strong is District 2 and District 4.
I ask this because the usual powers are down, which raises eyebrows.

A CERTAIN THING that may affect teams come December 3 at 7:00pm MAY BE THE WEATHER...... BRRRRRRRR, may get a tad-bit-chilly during that night game.
Seen it there in ol' Moody where there is drizzling rain coming down at times as well and the temp is well into the mid 30's.
May be a little cold for passing, spread type teams, .......FOR ANY TEAM really.

Coach Ware is correct ... special teams can make the difference between carrying home a gold ball in December or getting that nice "thank you for coming" 2nd place trophy.

I was in the stands when Freddy Heritage beat Fort Worth Glenview in OT for a state title, 36-30. Both teams scored five touchdowns, but Heritage hit 3 of their two point kicks.

In fact, there was a point where Glenview tied the game in the 4th qtr at 30 and I figure (and later heard Coach Harris also planned) for Glenview to go for one, which would have given them the lead (and probably the win). But the player who scored did a little too much (for the officials) celebrating on the way into the end zone. The officials erred in assessing the penalty on the extra point try, which meant they now had to go for the point from the 17 instead of the 2, which didn't succeed.

Perhaps when you're beating up folks 54-0 missing an extra point (or getting your PAT's blocked) don't mean too much in the scheme of things. But smart coaches know that when the "big game" comes, those little things are the difference between a nice trophy you leave at the front office for a few months or that other one you stick in the back of the trophy case for awhile.

That's good coaching on your part Coach Ware to find weakness and exploit them and Mr. Lifegate you are 100% correct.
In the game Friday (Pine Drive @ Living Stones) during the 1st qtr when Living Stones was all over Pine Drive.
The score was 13-0 and pine drive did block both kicks and when they went down and scored their first td and made their extra point.. score was 13-8 (5 point diff)
Even at halftime, I could tell the people on the LSCS side didn't feel very comfortable with a 19-16 lead. Heard the (assuming) dad on my right say, We've totally dominated this half and we're only up 3 and they get the ball to start the half. Then as I looked over to him, he says, I hope we don't run out of gas in the 2nd half.

But getting back to the special teams when it was 19-16.
At that point LSCS had missed all extra point kicks but did manage to get a 1 point conversion.
I see that as LSCS score 3 times, PD had score 2 times and it's a 3 point lead at halftime.

Whom ever is playing in December. Special teams is huge in EVERY aspect of the game.

lifegatesports,

I remember that game like yesterday as the defensive coordinator for Glenview in 07. We scored 5 touchdowns and Freddy scored 4 tds but made 3 out of 4 kicks. which resulted in an overtime game. Coach Erhart first year HC and I was a first year coach at any level going against Shipman. Shipman in my opinion is in a league of his own in Tapps DII as a head coach. We realized that the 6man game was really a game of inches.

Coach Johnson
Heath The Fulton School

Julius Evan":lrf9uf56 said:
lifegatesports,

I remember that game like yesterday as the defensive coordinator for Glenview in 07. We scored 5 touchdowns and Freddy scored 4 tds but made 3 out of 4 kicks. which resulted in an overtime game. Coach Erhart first year HC and I was a first year coach at any level going against Shipman. Shipman in my opinion is in a league of his own in Tapps DII as a head coach. We realized that the 6man game is really a game of inches.

Coach Johnson
Heath The Fulton School

The other thing I remember from that game was that you folks went for it on fourth down, deep in your territory near the end of the game. Instead of the safe play leading to overtime, you guys went for the big score ... and nearly got tackled for a safety which would have given Heritage a 32-30 win in regulation, but your guy got back into the field as the clock ran out.

Was one of the better games I ever saw in six-man.

And the worst thing about Shipman is that he's a really nice guy. I really hate that in an opponent ...

Lifegatesports,

You are exactly right. That is a class act program that played well. I can't speak for Erhart ,but if we had to lose to any coach that year it would be Shipman. I'm sure Jesse would feel the same way about Shipman.

Coach Johnson
Heath The Fulton School

Back