5. Throckmorton...Pedigree

Div I...Team Strength
1. Crowell...Passing attack
2. Abbott...Rush attack
3. Strawn...Offensive balance
4. Blum...Depth
5. Grady...Team speed

What do you guys think???

Div II........Talk about the POWERS being in the EAST.....

Teams to look out for.... Motley County, Jayton, Leuders Avoca (transfers from what I hear), Loraine.
5. Paducah..........Even though it was 2013, Paducah routed Motley Co. 107-68 and Paducah brings back ALL their offensive weapons....
4. Oakwood...... I know they graduate the one athlete going to Baylor (i belive I'm correct) but they will still have talent
3. Calvert........ I think the basketball coach who coaches the football team has put a LITTLE more emphasis into football.
2. Richland Springs..... will only get better each year....
1. Throckmorton...... With the addition x2 (Mallory boys from Strawn) to go along with Farq and their returning Senior class puts them at #1

Div I.............
Outside looking in...... Grady, Happy, Water Valley, Knox City, Newcastle, Strawn, Aquilla
5. Valley...... No way ANYONE should leave this team out. If you want tradition, VALLEY will always be a threat. They will see my #4 in the Regional 1 finals.....
4. Borden County.......Made a decent playoff run with pretty much Freshmen and Sophomores.....The kid from Spur is the REAL DEAL....
3. Abbott........ I'm putting the Panthers here because they will come out of the EAST.
2. Crowell...... I know everybody ALWAYS says, to put the defending champion as #1...... I disagree, because if we would always put the defending champ at #1, we'd have WAY MORE repeats.......Don't get me wrong, Crowell will just as good in 2014, but I believe there is a much more hungrier team residing in IRA TEXAS....
1. Ira........ I just feel 2014 is their year.... They've ran into Crowell the past 2 years and having 2 very exciting games. I just have the HUNCH that Ira will over-take crowell this year. I'm sure the Ira folks believe they let the Crowell game slip by.

My thinking is, Once we get to Mid-April, a few coaches will move around and maybe somehow bring in a good ball club....
And I honestly believe Throckmorton will be in everyone's TOP 5 with their new additions

But I can't see these 10 coaches leaving their schools.

Since these were printed (or turned in to DC) I would rethink Strawn's ranking and bring Throckmorton up some. I really like Jayton and Loraine as well. Valley is also one that you could argue should be up there in DI...I REALLY like Abbott this year!

(also for some reason the the DC winter edition there is an error in the Surprise team of the year part...May has been to the title game 4 time now...don't know why it says it was their first time...editor must have mixed them up with Grandfalls)

Just FYI, there is only one "Mallory" boy going to be joining the Throckmorton varsity this upcoming season. The other one will be an 8th grader.

R U Ready Just my 2 cents worth, and i am a Coyote but the Coyotes at #2 may be a little high. They'll still be really young, switch 'em with Throck.

hornkeeper12":114g8ii5 said:
Just FYI, there is only one "Mallory" boy going to be joining the Throckmorton varsity this upcoming season. The other one will be an 8th grader.

Man. Y'all Gordonites bleed hard and for awhile. While the "Mallory" - King boy is good and a definite asset to any team he joins, let's remember he sat out most of the regular season to no detrement of Strawn. Nor was he on the field last year or year before for Strawn. Strawn will have a Championship caliber team this year only losing one senior and the Mallory-King boy.
DC is right. Strawn should be ranked high. They'll prove a cohesiveness not seen in a number of years in Strawn (since oh I don't know maybe the Abbott, Doyle, Purvis and Lindsey years.
It's gonna be a wild ride.

twodollarbill":3lgwm7l8 said:
hornkeeper12":3lgwm7l8 said:

Man. Y'all Gordonites bleed hard and for awhile. While the "Mallory" - King boy is good and a definite asset to any team he joins, let's remember he sat out most of the regular season to no detrement of Strawn. Nor was he on the field last year or year before for Strawn. Strawn will have a Championship caliber team this year only losing one senior and the Mallory-King boy.
DC is right. Strawn should be ranked high. They'll prove a cohesiveness not seen in a number of years in Strawn (since oh I don't know maybe the Abbott, Doyle, Purvis and Lindsey years.
It's gonna be a wild ride.
I was just stating that only one of em was gonna be on the team cause the other still has a year of 8th grade left.
Not exactly what part of that says anything bad (or good) about Strawn, or Throck, or the Mallory boys, or anything else. It was just a statement to let the guy who stated "x2" know that it's not "x2 till 2015.

All I know is predictions are whatever. There are how many teams that nobody knows what's gonna happen. Let's do this instead send letters to all schools telling the kids to gear up and silence the talking off the field :)

GeneralTaters":1coup6sj said:
All I know is predictions are whatever. There are how many teams that nobody knows what's gonna happen. Let's do this instead send letters to all schools telling the kids to gear up and silence the talking off the field :)

Where's OUR fun in that?

Leman Saunders":12hz2h1s said:
Since these were printed (or turned in to DC) I would rethink Strawn's ranking and bring Throckmorton up some. I really like Jayton and Loraine as well. Valley is also one that you could argue should be up there in DI...I REALLY like Abbott this year!

(also for some reason the the DC winter edition there is an error in the Surprise team of the year part...May has been to the title game 4 time now...don't know why it says it was their first time...editor must have mixed them up with Grandfalls)

You are correct Keeper, and unintentionally replied to your quote instead of Leman.
I apologize.
Leman, you know that one kid ain't gonna effect Strawns ability too much so it shouldn't effect the initial ranking. Let the cards fall where they may, Strawn'll go deep this next season.

All that said, I'm a Throckmorton Greyhound through and through. My kids played/play at Strawn and I'll support them. But as far as I'm concerned there is only one true group of Hounds. And I hope Mallory-King brings them what they need. I've a few other things, but ima be nice now.

T ROCK just got a lot better. Anybody that says Strawn will be just as good without King..... Didn't watch much Strawn Greyhounds football last year.

Idk even with the great tradition I still don't feel like Throck will do much better than average. They have the talent but it's always hard to learn a new system especially a Texas Country music system. It like teaching an okie how to drink a beer almost impossible. BUT it is D2 so anything is possible.

Make fun all you want. I saw what Coach Mallory did with Gordon first hand. And Throck don't need fixin like Gordon did. Reed left them in good shape and with their heads on straight. One player CAN make that big of a difference in six man. Especially on a team that is only lacking that one element to go from really good to great. King was a difference maker in Gordon as a fish, and he was a difference maker in Strawn as a Sophomore. He will be a difference maker in Throckmorton as a Junior. You would do well to remember that Throcks first state championship (2005) was before Reed got there, so the tradition in that town, mixed with the great coaching that they got from Reed, the great coaching that they get with Mallory, and the talent that they have, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them go far. Nobody EXPECTS a coach to make a deep playoff run in his first year at a school, so really anything past 2nd round is a BONUS. Ifin I were a bettin man, I would take Throck to the 4th round, at LEAST.

Strawn still has talent, they will still be good, but to think that losing King is not a huge loss is just plain inaccurate. I said a couple of years ago, after watching him play in JH, that this kid will be one of the best, and I still believe that. If he isn't that good, then why did he start when he came back from injury before he was at 100%? Why did he out score everyone else on the team, even though he missed a few games?

I actually think Throckmorton wins it all next year. They were already going to be good, but adding the new kid just takes them to the next level. They are in a loaded region, though. I think Guthrie, Paducah, Motley County, Jayton, L-A, and Throckmorton are all top 10 (or close) teams next year.

Caprock kid, I can't figure out if you really don't know anything about football or if you're just trolling all of us. I sure hope it's the latter.

I really don't have to explain in depth to you about my knowledge of the game. But I'll tell you this I know enough to tell you what teams will struggle and what teams will thrive. I have been around this game for 14 years and I have a pretty good idea on how things work around here.

Traditions and great coaching are common and are even what a lot of people remember but a team of athletes will be a team of athlete regardless the coaching or tradition each team is unique each year there are new players some good some bad some do ok. So for one coach to come in and take over a program from coach Reed who was ground breaking. Im going to say he has his hands full with breaking that horse.

Just as most people do. "Hold on to the things that last" Mrs frost.

Did I lose you there?

Back