Crowell vs Sterling City

coyote_king

11-man fan
Don't know a whole lot about Crowell, except that they have lost a few games to some top tier teams. Seems like SC is being counted out by most. I don't think Sterling City has played this caliber of opponent all year. So I would like to see everyone's thoughts on this game Friday in Merkel. I'll go with Sterling City by 6 in a barn burner.

coyote_king,
Sorry but I don't share your optimism on the outcome of the game. I have a feeling Crowell is going to win this one going away; perhaps by 30 or more. Still, I'll be there sitting on the Sterling City side rooting for the Eagles and repping District 6. There are some good folks from Crowell that frequent this board (WildcatClassof89) but I'd just as soon not see Crowell beat the District 6 winner for the third year in a row. At least the Eagles don't have to worry about Mitchell Parsley; that dude created... issues for the WV the last two years.

I'll take Crowell, by 30 or more also!!!!!! That team is as physical as any I've seen. Nothing against sterling city, just think they don't have the horsepower to stay with crowell

I do think Crowell will be the most physical team Sterling has played all year. They will definitely have to bring it. Backer I think a healthy WV would have beat Crowell in 2013.

coyote_king":12lsinij said:
I do think Crowell will be the most physical team Sterling has played all year. They will definitely have to bring it. Backer I think a healthy WV would have beat Crowell in 2013.
Shoulda', coulda', woulda'. I was there in the cold at Rotan and it was a good game. Crowell never gave up, played good defense (stopped the WV inside the 5 twice) and we had no answer for Parsley and Lex Bond. I like to think we would have won state if we had survived them but you never know. They had to get past a pretty tough Ira squad and then Valley just to get to AT&T that year.

But this thread is about Sterling City and I'd love to see them do it... I just don't think they've got it in them. Yet, you never can tell. As you know, that's why they play the game on the field.

WV Backer":3nvbb2t5 said:
coyote_king":3nvbb2t5 said:
Shoulda', coulda', woulda'. I was there in the cold at Rotan and it was a good game. Crowell never gave up, played good defense (stopped the WV inside the 5 twice) and we had no answer for Parsley and Lex Bond. I like to think we would have won state if we had survived them but you never know. They had to get past a pretty tough Ira squad and then Valley just to get to AT&T that year.

But this thread is about Sterling City and I'd love to see them do it... I just don't think they've got it in them. Yet, you never can tell. As you know, that's why they play the game on the field.

Backer, that was the State game that year as its been the last 4 or 5!! Its in my top 3 games Ive watched.

Back