Cross Plains football what do you think.

Will Cross Plains succeed or will they have a failure of a season

• Cross Plains will continue to have success.

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Cross Plains will fail.

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Cross

11-man fan
Alright so Cross Plains has about 33 kids playing this year they are a 11 man team playing with six man numbers. Do you think they have any chance or will they fall to the number gap. Can they continue their minor success with being a minor power in their district.

Looking at the long view for their program, it will not be any different than Roby or Bronte. They can get by in eleven man football for a few more years or they might dominate in six man football now. Jobs are the engine that keeps people and families in small communities. Ranger might be looking at six man too.

There are a lot of 2A schools to the east of Abilene and the northwest of Stephenville that will probably play sixman in the next fifty years. Baird and Gorman are two that dropped recently, so I would expect Cross Plains and Ranger to follow suit. DeLeon, Albany, Dublin, and Winters could potentially be candidates at some point. I think Eula would already play sixman if they chose to play football.

Jones26":36ejs9fd said:
Cross Plains is 2A. Are they going to be back below 105 this next realignment?
I don't believe so. A ton of move ins have bolstered their roster. The elementary is filled to the brim.

Back