Covington

Saw something on the news that the entire police force there quit the other day ... didn't sound like most of the locals were sad to see them go.

They didn't have much of a police force, and their main job seemed to be making Covington a speed trap. I'm sure the locals are glad to have them gone.

FW Star Telegram carried some articles awhile back. If memory serves me right the police dept was out of control. Some were selling drugs they had confiscated from the 'criminals'. Police/sherrif were arresting each other. You didn't want to speak up at the risk of being harrased by law enforcement (mayor or city council member got cross ways with the police chief). Texas Rangers were investigating.... just really ugly... I think someone got fired and refused to leave (may have been the police chief). Would have been a joke if it hadn't been so sad a situation.

The athletic facilities aren't new, but are still nice. I've heard the pay is good. The boys are another issue. AccordIng to a faculty member of Covington, the boys only care about drinking, sex, & failing classes. Whoever gets the coaching job will have to figure out how to change the mindset.

How many licks (years)
does it take to get to the tootsie roll center (championship tradition)
of a tootsie pop (6man team/school/town)?
Let's find out,
CRUNCH! (Coach quits or is fired)

The world may never know.

My dad, God rest his soul, told me "don't p*** in the well because you might have to drink it".
Sometimes it is the coach but sometimes it isn't.

Don Hardin
Abilene

donhardin":k2pruc9a said:
My dad, God rest his soul, told me "don't p*** in the well because you might have to drink it".
Sometimes it is the coach but sometimes it isn't.

Don Hardin
Abilene
Actually,
that sums it up
(for both sides)
quite well.

Well,
at least they send out thanks but no thanks notices.

They picked 8 young bucks to interview
who promised to build them a championship team.
Good luck guys.

Back