Coolidge

Kramer

11-man fan
I read on a previous post Coolidge canceled their game with Austin Veritas, also noticed Coolidge did not play Dallas Lutheran. Alot of us Private School Partisans were looking forward to Lutheran/Coolidge and Veritas/Coolidge.

Can anyone shed any light into why Coolidge canceled their game with Austin Veritas. (Injuries, budget, distance due to too many far away games)

chatter around the 6 man world is the Superintendent there is BIG into micro-managing everything at the school, so my guess is he stepped in due to travel/budget and made the decision to cancel.
Unless Coolidge has a few KEY players dinged up and they want to rest them.

On the other thing about the two players, if they are back, they will be a force to reckon with.
But that's way too much information about them.

Game against Dallas Lutheran was cancelled due to lightning...nothing more to read into that.

I do know it was scheduled at Dallas Lutheran and the private school games are more quickly decided to cancel a game due to weather than public schools are for whatever reasons

I was at the Lutheran/Coolidge game.. weather got pretty bad but I believe it could have been played.. storms passed over and nothing but rain followed. Looking at Coolidge warming up they seemed to have a player or two fighting through injuries, but one or two injuries shouldn’t mean much. Lutheran looked ready to go, don’t think Coolidge wanted to risk further injuries... just my two cents from what I saw from the stands.
Good luck to both teams the rest of the way..

God Bless,

Vincent J. Davis, MS

If any one wants to know contact the coaching staff
also if you want to bash coolidge, kindly use your real name or a acceptable sir name

I’m just reading this, the game was canceled due to lightning, and from what I’ve heard the coach from Dallas Lutheran didn’t want no part of the “wait out the storm” I do think after watching the scrimmage of Dallas Lutheran and watuga harvest playing. (And watuga harvest winning that scrimmage) I do not think Dallas Lutheran wanted no part in that. Especially after coolidge played so sloppy against watuga and still beat the handily. Coolidge looked like they had number twos left arm banged up and number thirteens ankle being wrapped. But both were set to play. Coolidge is going to be a force to reckon with all season long if they can get all their athletes on the same page. Wouldn’t be suprised to see them knock off everyone this year.. just my thoughts Dallas Lutheran didn’t want anothe number on the right side of their record.

This is my real name.. I’m as real as it gets my brother (if you are referring to me) I don’t sugarcoat or make fake profile names... I wasn’t bashing Coolidge... honestly I was trying to be nice so here is the real reason why the game wasn’t played because it really could’ve been played... storms delayed the game for about 40-45 minutes or so.. after the last clap of thunder that was it... nothing but rain followed.. I sat in my car once everyone found out the game wouldn’t be played and it was just a little rain and that was about it... I’m just a fan and have no affiliation to either school but I talked tonlutherans coach afterwards and he wanted to play... Coolidge didn’t want to risk further injury (which I completely understand)... like I say:. I’m as real as they come... I’ll be at quite a few six man games and will also hit the UIL state championship games in December.. if anyone wants to see me or talk to me at AT&T in December I’ll be the black guy with the Grambling State University hoodie on lol

Again, best wishes to both schools rest of the season...

God Bless,

Vincent J. Davis, MS

Well I cant let this one pass. First I have great respect for the 8-10 boys that make the Wautaga team, they play their hearts out. I complimented them last year after out playoff game. As far as the scrimmage goes before you declare who won, you might check to see who was playing. Yes Lutheran started slow, then subbed.
We put our first team back in for a series and we scored every play, I think..or it was close. Again hats off to Wautaga, good kids and goods sports.
As for the rain delay, I saw the radar and the lightening meter. I was in the press box when the AD, not the coach, stopped the pregame. I assure you our players and coach were ready to play and compete and maybe even beat Coolidge.
Additionally, very few TAPPS teams will play us, I know we are trying to fill an open date right now, so please call and schedule a rematch of your "win". We have a slot open! I am by no means demeaning your team. Good kids and great competitors, but I could not let this slide by since I had the facts.

Best of luck to you this season!

One further note. The decision had more to do with waiting 2 hours to start and Coolidge having a 2 hour bus ride. If you would have seen the weather radar that was headed for Plano / Mckinney we wouldnt be having this discussion.

I find it humorous and somewhat hypocritical to challenge someone to use their real name while at the same time using an anonymous internet name themselves ! Like Vincent, anyone that follows this thread knows my name, phone number and email address. I don’t hide and I admire Vincent for being so open and forthcoming.
I’m hardly ever shocked by anything on this site anymore but I certainly enjoy a few laughs here!
C. H. Harvey

Back