Congratulations

Same season we went to the RS v Calvert game which was also great...RS kept making huge 4th and long plays. That was the first time I saw Calvert play. Then we went to Austin and 6th street for my 21st birthday

Leman Saunders":2hrbbphd said:
Ya was there as well sitting on the visitors side (same side I sat on in 2000) had a friend leave at halftime me and another stayed, glad we did. I think was 32 points.

Calvert's side,yes they were the visitors,i remember the west sun going down,getting in our eyes..Oh yes we wasnt going to leave,after driving that far..I remember seeing after the game at the hotel,a great view of Christmas lights and houses all lit up,seems there was a creek or river overlooking the great lights,may have been in the finer houses of San Angelo??

Leman Saunders":3829bgqq said:
Same season we went to the RS v Calvert game which was also great...RS kept making huge 4th and long plays. That was the first time I saw Calvert play. Then we went to Austin and 6th street for my 21st birthday

Was there too. Gatesviile i think?? i'm going off the top of my head,,thinking

markf":1mfxi2ow said:
Leman Saunders":1mfxi2ow said:

Was there too. Gatesviile i think?? i'm going off the top of my head,,thinking
Yes.........

Glen Rose-1997,Trinidad vs Panther Creek,i had bought a used plymouth van just to load the boys up and go to sixman games,Glen Rose is a great place for a sixman playoff game,That night was one of the coldest nights one could stand,We were sitting on Trinidad's side,Panther Creek went ahead by a couple Td's.then T-Dad turned it on with Damiem Jackson,i remember sitting by someone having a camcorder,filming the game and screaming for Panther Creek,Trinidad faithful was asking him to leave or go to the other side,Was a great game with Panther Creek winning,The next year Trinidad won state with Jackson they were good,I have since have a house in Tool Tx,Just down the road from Trinidad,,Somewhere there is a vhs tape of that game,Dang it was COLD.Right Granger you were there........

Mark, for the sake of a couple of guy's I know plus one I don't that's coaching this weekend please don't mention the name Damien Jackson again. He was a bad ass.

51eleven":2z53dnwk said:
Sean Hannity":2z53dnwk said:
YoungGunner":2z53dnwk said:
On that note, what're the best playoff games you've watched? The best 4 quarter, jaw clenching, on the edge of your seat dogfights of the playoffs?

Woodson vs Richland Springs at Comanche 2001. Semifinal I think. RS scored on the last play of the game on a long run by Jordan Hicks. 2 seconds on the clock when the play started.

I didn't see that one. Strawn-RS 03 semi. Multiple lead changes. From 1st and goal at the one with about 40 seconds left to 4th and goal from the 1 with about 4-5 seconds left. Up the gut, stopped, Parsons steps slightly right and dives. By the nose of the ball Hounds go to State for 1st time. (56-54)

I was wrong again, it was 2.8 seconds left.

From Bud Jones, editor of the Stephenville paper. "...less than 1 1/2 minutes facing 79 yard of turf the Greyhounds marched 78 of it in less than a minute. 1s't and goal stopped running...no time outs...run again, stopped, spike the ball 2.8 seconds left...hit immediately Parsons twisted and turned and dove for the line clearing it by the width of the football."

From sixmanfootball.com by Granger Huntress (my printed copy, no longer available on line due to hacking).

"CRAZY TRAIN
I'm not sure where to begin. Friday night I got to see one of the all time classics in sixman football. Immediately thoughts were of where the game ranked among the best was an instant topic in the press box. After a wild and wacky first half (Gordon Wood himself commented on how amazing game he was seeing*) the score was 44-40 Strawn. The final series is going to go down as a classic. Strawn makes a magnificent stop, forcing RS to punt from their own 29. The Coyotes respond with a great punt, all the way down to the two yard line."

When they ran from the one or two I thought Coach we don't have time to run. One more reason he's the Coach and I'm in the stands. Six yard line got the ball further away from our end zone and at least made them consider the run on the next play. Hinkson to Mallory 19 yards. To Jeremy Parsons for 44. To Jonathon Parsons for 19.

My daughter was a Jr Hi cheerleader and they brought them along to cheer for the varsity. They let them sit with friends and parents after the half. When Johnny scored the world stopped for 2-3 seconds. I yelled Lets Go! to her and Renee. She gave me a funny look and said Where? On The Field! Others were already running. Only time I've ever rushed a field.
Apologies to RS fans. I got caught up in the moment.

* 7 time State Champion Coach Gordon Wood seeing likely his last game in person, in a stadium named after him with a bronze statue of him out front. he passed a couple of weeks later.

One game I thought was good was when RS played Lometa in San Saba. The wife and I were setting in the stands by a couple of deer hunters who drove a long ways just to watch RS play. I believe at the half it was RS 16 and Lometa 8. The one hunter said to the other one I thought this RS team was the best six man team you had ever watched. Start of the second half and the crowd went nuts as number 13 comes in to play and the Coyotes ended up finishing the game early because of the mercy rule. The hunter told the other one you see I knew just what I was talking about. Also very true guys Sanderson and Calvert was one of the great games.

1978 MILFORD vs COTTON CENTER, THE BEST GAME THAT YEAR WAS IN DISTRICT PLAY MILFORD OVER BLUM 28-26, 2 BLOCKED KICKS IN FINAL SECONDS FOR THE WIN.

smokeyjoe53":1e9to5qy said:
I've always thought the series between Cherokee and Marathon from '73-'75 were great games............
What did we tell you about thinkin'? When your ears start to burn and smoke starts coming out of them, it's time to stop!!!!!

smokeyjoe53":1zm727jc said:
Sorry, I forgot not to think...........that's only one of many things that I forget but I forget what they are.........

"I forgot, to remember, to forget". I can't remember the name of the song or artist. It was a country song.

Back