Congrats to Vance Jones!!

TebowTime15":pgv635l4 said:
GigemSooners":pgv635l4 said:
6manonly":pgv635l4 said:
Wheres Klactuu and Johnny south??
Exactly... Wheres all the RS supporters chiming in? I can only imagine how many would be on here talking trash if they were on the winning side.
That being said, great game by both teams. RS will have to replace some starters but have a lot of experience coming back. The Capps and Walker (I think that's his name) kid are great players. Giving credit where it is due.
Congrats to Vance Jones and Balmorhea. They were on a mission and got it done!

I waited to hear your tone before responding to this thread.

Congrats to Coach Jones and the Bears! Nobody deserves to win three state rings at three different schools more than Coach Jones. Is he going to ride off into the sunset like John Elway or come back to repeat? While I like the idea of him going out on top, only he can write his legacy.

I also think Coach Burkhart deserves a lot of credit this year. There were a lot of people on this site saying he would not make it as far as he usually does without great talent. Although I believe that was, and to some extent still is, a fair criticism, JB took a less vaunted team and won close games against good teams like Strawn and Calvert. While not as flashy as the rings, I think this might be JB's best season as a coach.

NOTE: There is not a single personal attack against anyone in any of this post.

Tone? I've been fair good grief

JB hasn't said a word to who? Not sure I'm following on what you're saying. I do know what I saw and that was JB and Jones hugging after the game. Not sure what was classless, but I'm not sure who he was suppose say a word to.

tsford78":2gz541du said:
JB hasn't said a word to who? Not sure I'm following on what you're saying. I do know what I saw and that was JB and Jones hugging after the game. Not sure what was classless, but I'm not sure who he was suppose say a word to.

JB and Vance are friends and have a history coaching against each other. I "heard" the runner-up trophy was sitting on the ground until it was time to leave. Hearsay, possibly. I dont know man. Congrats to both teams on their season full of covid. RS proved me wrong, I had them losing to Calvert.

I think there's a lot going on out there and nobody except those directly involved know

there's some feeling that the optics of the trophy being on the ground are bad.
a) Not sure of when the trophy has to be treated like the flag and cannot be on the ground.
b) also had heard that something was coming apart on the trophy, thus it was placed on the ground
c) have not heard that it is a requirement the HFC is in charge of holding the trophy 24/7

That being said...
d) could the coach have been throwing a hissy fit? sure

I think what I am saying is, we don't know... unless you were there. I wasn't. So let's stop the My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Back