Congrats to Coach Ray

coachjdjones":3hctx3v7 said:
Johnny South":3hctx3v7 said:
Not for long I bet.

True, they may be DII next re-alignment.

That's more likely than going 11 man. If Rankin's population has not grown in the last 5 years with all the oil patch activity, it surely won't in the next year or so as the main activity moves northwards.

So, Rankin may not grow. But being in the middle of the Wolfcamp, Sprayberry, and Dean,I would have thought that the increased activity would bring in just the wrong amount of population growth to put them over the edge and into the crowded field version shortly. But, what do I know?

Johnny, the oil boom has been going on for 6+ years now and GC still has about the same enrollment they had before it started and if anything, Rankin has decreased quite a bit. Most of the oil patch trash prefers to stay in Midland/Odessa.

Yea Crawford you are right about that. OBK, from what I am hearing about the housing costs now in Midland, and the numbers of folks that are beginning to leave out because of that, it seemed that some might go that direction. But again Crawford, what do I know?

To be honest, Johnny, I tend to wonder why those towns aren't growing any more, either. I've heard the town of Big Lake (small AA) has about 7000 people there during the week, but the normal 2000 during weekends. Seems workers are there, but no families are moving. Lots of "man-camps". Even when I was in school, the town of Rankin wasn't full of kids....we got a bunch from the El Paso camp in Midkiff. It's closed now and it doesn't look like any other camps are being built to house a bunch of families.

This is a little off the main topic but in Colorado City they are building housing for a very large "camp". Some of the housing they are building are large enough for workers and their families but I'm not sure if it will happen. Word is they will be housing 1,000 workers and maintaining those workers 24-7 with meals.

Back