Coaching Question

coachbronk

Six-man fan
Coaches, I'm always looking for ways to improve and make sure I'm not getting stale in structural areas of my program.

I'd like to ask a couple questions about what you do in these areas:

1) Do you bring your players in on Saturday to lift and watch film? If not, do you utilize Monday for that?

2) Do you have formal coaches workdays on Saturdays to breakdown film and gameplan or with Hudl being so accessible, do you give each assistant their assignments and let them work from home?

3) How do handle assistant coaches on your staff that just aren't football coaches but are assigned to coach football?

4) With the heightened attention to concussions, how many days of full contact pad days do you have and how do you structure your full pad days?

Always curious what others are doing. Thanks for any information your willing to share.

Coach Bronkhorst
Head Football Coach
High Island ISD

Coach

Great questions and I am always looking for ways to tweak and keep things fresh

1. I tried to watch film on Mondays last year and do not think it was as effective, so I will be going back to watching film and getting a light lift in on Saturdays

2. Since I will bring the players in, I think it would be best to also meet with the coaches on Saturday to put the game plan in and to be honest with the teaching schedules this is really the only time we have to meet outside of the practice field.

3. Do not have that issue

4. We did two full contact days Tuesday and Wednesday. We also tried to install the HAWK tackle system this year and still need to keep working on it but feel that taking the head out of tackle will help reduce concussion causing hits. Do not think we can ever eliminate that issue.

Good Luck
Hope that helps and also interested in everyone else's two cents

Scott Hayes
Trinidad ISD

Back