christ the king

blackeagle

11-man fan
recently ive heard the rumor that the lubbock christ the king trojans have lost a key addition to their football team in their utility player #33 cory roundtree he was starting defensive end and played most offensive positions as well as being an important team leader and moral booster
he lead their team in sacks and tackles and played a large role on special teams and a change of pace player on offense, a player in true harvey wellman fasion versatile and capable of playing on both sides of the field

blackeagle":1c4a5anz said:
recently ive heard the rumor that the lubbock christ the king trojans have lost a key addition to their football team in their utility player #33 cory roundtree he was starting defensive end and played most offensive positions as well as being an important team leader and moral booster
he lead their team in sacks and tackles and played a large role on special teams and a change of pace player on offense, a player in true harvey wellman fasion versatile and capable of playing on both sides of the field

Folks, if I had a buck for every rumor about this kid transferring out or that kid transferring in ... I would be a very wealthy man today.

We had a kid several years ago that the school administrators told me was returning ... during the summer, three schools where he had considered transferring called me and told me that he and his parents had visited ... he enrolled in one of them and withdrew from our school on the first day of classes and the office was surprised (why, heck, I had told them he was leaving...).

A year later, the kid came back to Lifegate, realizing that he had made a bad decision the year before.

As someone once told me, often the reason the grass is greener on the other side of the fence is because of the fertilizer.

I tend to use the example of the Apostle Thomas when planning my fall roster ... once I place my fingers in His hands and hand in His side, then I'll believe.

This rumor is true, I am a very good friend of Corey Rountree and he is going to attend Cooper High School in Lubbock Texas during this season. Any questions about Christ the King and just send em' to me.

CORRECTION TO POST!!!

Corey Roundtree is going to attend Christ the King this year and is on the Football team.

Yes, this is true. Christ the King played a scrimmage against Lazbuddie and Kress and competed very well. Not going to give out many game specifics but opposing defenses might have some trouble this year.

You never know what you're gonna get with Wellman. He is a 6-man genius and he turned the CTK program around when he decided to coach for them. He especially favors the cross-buck out of the backfield and quite frankly it works. I have no doubt that defenses are going to have problems with CTK. I foresee most CTK games going to be a scoring battle with high point totals on both sides. We'll see.

The film was obviously from previous years. This is a new football season, and new beggining. Anything can happen throughout the course of the year. Don't always rely on previous years' film.

freddyalltheway, you need to watch what you put out there. Corey's conditioning level has increased exponentionally and his commitment as a senior this year gives him more focus and drive. We'll see how that film compares to the Corey this year.

Yes itis true that Cory Roundtree is back, and is a valuable part of this years team. The CTK Trojans also have a large sophmore class, that have several starters this year, and other are getting a lot of playing time. This sophmore class has been together since the 6th grade. They won the junior high chapionship 2 years ago. This class of boys are going to be the driving force for CTK Football in the next 3 years.

Back