Chester vs Lakeland Baptist

JacketMom

11-man fan
Well, it's time for Week 1 football.

The CHS Yellow Jackets looked pretty good in their first and only scrimmage this past Friday dominating all three teams that traveled to our own Aubry Bradley Stadium...if you take away a couple of penalties that cost TDs, I would say they looked great for their first outing. Got some added speed to the mix of last year's core team and I think our defense is going to be a bit stronger than last season's. Our skill players look pretty strong and our depth has really improved if the scrimmage is any indication of our potential....we can throw and we can run. If they keep healthy, attack the ball, hit hard and play smart I have a feeling this season's record, although it's the same schedule, will look a whole lot better than last year's record. But as always we have to play each game and look at the score when the last down is played.

This week we are picked by 45 over Lakeland. Not knowing if they have added anything to their roster, I still feel pretty safe in thinking we pull this one out. Can't wait for Friday........

Cougar 1414,

We scrimmaged Huntsville Alpha Omega, Tyler King's Academy, and Conroe Lifeskills. I would not call us stacked, but we should be competitive, probably the most athletic team we have fielded in a long time. I just hope that we can stay healthy and continue to improve.

Jacket Mom,

Love the support! I hope that our record improves, I hope that we are able to stay healthy and give Chester the District Championship that it so richly deserves. But 1st, Lakeland Baptist. You have to be
1-0 to be 2-0, etc.

Go Jackets!!!

Back