Chester vs Campbell

JacketMom

11-man fan
The Chester Yellow Jackets opened their 5th season in 2014 without a district win in their six-man history. Expectations were high that the guys would have a successful season and make the playoffs. The last time Chester made the playoffs was 1992. The last time Chester had a playoff win was 1971. It was time for a change. Needless to say, we had a rough year. Early injuries kept key players off the field or at less than optimal performance. The team did not play to its potential the first 6 games of the season although the first game was a win. It was the 7th game where it finally started coming together and although we lost a heart-breaker to Leverett's Chapel we continued to play well through our 9th game, ending the regular season 3-6 and earned our first district win in six-man as well as our first playoff berth in 22 years. As crazy as it sounds we still met the ultimate goal of making it to the playoffs. Now the question is...can we win our first playoff game in 43 years?

The Jackets take on the Campbell Indians this Friday night at Leverett's Chapel. Sixmanfootball has picked us to win. You probably already know how excited I get when someone other than me picks us to win. I'm a happy girl! But all jokes aside the 'Jackets must continue their physical play as well as minimize their mistakes to make it another round. They did a great job at minimizing the mistakes in their last game and they have also had an extra week to prepare. Will it be enough? What do y'all think? Four more days....

Back