Chester - Region IV 4x400 Relay Champs

JacketMom

11-man fan
Couldn't be quiet any longer. Have to give a shout-out to my favorite team in purple. The Chester Yellow Jacket mile relay team brought home the gold in Region 4 this past weekend. Cannot even describe my excitement in this victory.

We face a power-house of speed from Region 2 in the state track meet next weekend, but no matter the outcome, I am elated and completely over-whelmed with their accomplishments thus far, their focus on the team, their solidarity and their brotherly love for one another. One Senior plus two Juniors plus one Sophomore = one team, one focus, one mission. This might be the best thing since peanut butter.

Didn't finish like we wanted, but I am so proud of these guys. They placed 7th at state. Great learning experience for them and fantastic time for the fans. Thanks for the hard work from the boys and their coach, thanks for awesome turnout and support from the fans. Not everyday that people will drive 4 hours one way for a 3 1/2 minute race at 10:30 at night. Great memories! And watch out next year...they expect to come back.

Now if I can only make it to football season............77 more days. Jeepers hurry up!!!

Most kids can only dream of running at the state track meet. The kids that made it should be congratulated! As for as football next fall, JacketMom, I like your attitude!!!

Back