Cherokee Visitors

otil_85

Six-man fan
We will no Longer go by Cherokee Indians , Now Cherokee Visitors !!!! Guess Richland must have made a visit to Washington D.C. and got approval to remove Indians from our mascot. Such a class act from a great group of folks . Rochelle peps feel free to call Richland Springs Crickets ….. cause that’s all we can hear . You would think after everything they have been accused of and have no evidence they would start winning our trust back but I guess after 21 years you become the issue not the Solution. Just my take .

What was said on another thread was that the announcer never referred to them as Cherokee, or the Indians but as "The Visitors".

Simply not true. I just went back and watched some of the recording on the NFHS network. To start the game the announcer says welcome to the game between Cherokee High School and Richland High School. Then, after one of Cherokee's first scores going right to left on the video, the announcer says "Cherokee touchdown and no flags". After the extra point the announcer says something again. I can't make out everything, but he clearly says Cherokee again. I believe he says Cherokee takes a 16-8 lead. Then I fast forward to near the end of the game, thinking maybe he stopped saying it late in the game, and caught the announcer say "Cherokee ball, first and goal". Very shortly after, he says "Cherokee touchdown".

So, I'm not sure who it is saying the announcer never said Cherokee, but they're just flat out lying. I found five examples of the announcer saying "Cherokee" in about 10 minutes of skimming through the video.

Well it’s true ! They did refer us to visitors . I never stated they never said Cherokee. But it wasn’t long after that He started saying visitors . And kept saying visitors. No harm done !!!!! We Good !!!! We took care of business and will continue to do so.

Well it’s true ! They did refer us to visitors . I never stated they never said Cherokee. But it wasn’t long after that He started saying visitors . And kept saying visitors. No harm done !!!!! We Good !!!! We took care of business and will continue to do so.

I'm not sure about that, and I'm not going to bother to watch the entire film to find out if you're right or wrong. I just know I found him saying Cherokee before the game started, after one of the first scores of the game, and after one of the last scores of the game. Maybe he did say visitors. I don't know...don't really care...I just care about the truth and I knew from watching the game I'd heard him say touchdown Cherokee more than a few times so I checked the film to make sure I was remembering correctly...turns out I was.

In short, maybe he did say visitors...but he also said Cherokee, at least before the game, shortly after the start, and shortly before the finish. I, honestly, couldn't care less whether he said it or not. I just don't want folks thinking they never said "Cherokee" when they clearly did...quite a bit.

As I said, he may have said visitors and certain points throughout the game but I found points before the game, near the beginning of the game, and near the end of the game where he used the word Cherokee. I didn't have to look hard. I just found points where Cherokee had the ball and was about to score and watched from there.

To suggest he said visitors instead of Cherokee throughout the game, or that he switched to just saying visitors at a certain part of the game is just a lie.

I heard in the later part of the game with Richland’s chances dwindling, the announcer kept referring to Cherokee as visitors. Thought it was kinda comical he was that hurt. Iguess others did not.
Yep we heard it often and thought it was funny. He’d slip up and say Cherokee every now and then but used Visitors quite a bit.

We will no Longer go by Cherokee Indians , Now Cherokee Visitors !!!! Guess Richland must have made a visit to Washington D.C. and got approval to remove Indians from our mascot. Such a class act from a great group of folks . Rochelle peps feel free to call Richland Springs Crickets ….. cause that’s all we can hear . You would think after everything they have been accused of and have no evidence they would start winning our trust back but I guess after 21 years you become the issue not the Solution. Just my take .

Congratulations to the Injuns for their victory. They are definitely a powerhouse. I understand your glee and excitement. After 21 years, the Injuns finally defeated the Yotes. In the words of Christopher Earle "Be humble in victory and gracious in defeat." We should showcase a high character no matter the result.

Congratulations to the Injuns for their victory. They are definitely a powerhouse. I understand your glee and excitement. After 21 years, the Injuns finally defeated the Yotes. In the words of Christopher Earle "Be humble in victory and gracious in defeat." We should showcase a high character no matter the result.
Ok Lewis !!! Best of luck next week !!!

Since you used a quote about humbleness, is it still going to be 10 in December, or nah? Asking for a friend.

Back