Cherokee Indians---- wth?!

HP Drifter":3iembgdc said:
Correct me, but didn't the children's home in Cherokee start getting more young, young kids years ago? I can vouch for some of the kids they had in the past, but think that pipeline closed a good while ago. Could be wrong, as I am reminded often.

I am not from Cherokee and do not possess any vested interest in the team. However, I know that Cherokee went like seven or eight years, from 2003 or 2004 to 2010 or 2011, without winning a district basketball game. I know the two sports are slightly different and Cherokee fielded at least a competitive team football team during that time, but seriously no one should be surprised when Cherokee goes through a down year. Another poster brought up the fact that they are playing very good teams, which probably contributes to them getting 45ed. However, Yamregit should just shut up unless there are specific reasons why the Cherokee coach should be blamed for the loses. In all honesty, and again I don't know anything about Cherokee, but I am not surprised they are struggling since they have been successful the past few years. Most little schools, with maybe the notable exception of Richland Springs, go through up years and down years. My advice to parents, kids, and coaches, would be to go enjoy yourself and do the best that you can. Besides, you can make the playoffs a lot of times with a 3-7 or 2-8 overall record as long as you win the right number of district games.

Years ago I was told in a college class by a college coach this little saying: When you win you are never as good a coach as you think you are, when you lose you are never as bad a coach as others think you are. I have always held to this and believe it to be a true statement. Generally, your talent level will float your wins and losses. Strength of schedules fits right in there too!

Coach4Christ":4pbfbdis said:
Bear is a great coach and knows as much about the six man game as any coach out there. He is passionate about the game and if you give him time, Cherokee will be fine.

Keep Lookin' Up Bear...

Adam Kirby

Wise words from a bad coach...

Listen to this wisdom Bear and you'll end up at a place like Chester, go 2-8, and get run off...

You're better than that man...

On a side note, keep your head up at Cherokee coach...

EastTexas6manfan":2wyztdl9 said:
Coach4Christ":2wyztdl9 said:
Bear is a great coach and knows as much about the six man game as any coach out there. He is passionate about the game and if you give him time, Cherokee will be fine.

Keep Lookin' Up Bear...

Adam Kirby

Wise words from a bad coach...

Listen to this wisdom Bear and you'll end up at a place like Chester, go 2-8, and get run off...

You're better than that man...

On a side note, keep your head up at Cherokee coach...

And another one...

It takes everybody
to make everybody successful.
Oh,
and it's hard to do too!

(I'd like to see these complainers
go to their respective places of employ
and bash the secretary, the maint. man, and the bosses wife.
Then post it on FB.
See how well that works out.
jus sayin'.)

BTW, I love everybody.

I doubt bear reads this dribble to busy with the next team and of course his team. I can tell you he coached the best team I have ever seen the first week or so in July

He is a good coach and deserves better than this crap. He knew the situation but he went anyway knowing full well his hands were full And anytime you want to line up your team I know eighteen will be glad to bring the leather on the side of their coach bear

I think the coaches that are criticized read this site, but like all good coaches, they'll never let you know that and will certainly not address it. They are more professional than the person that spouts the garbage. Ones that spew this garbage were never really good at anything, but feel the need to lash out at someone that works their butt off for a group of kids regardless of their ability level. I once was leaving at the end of a ball game and was about to pull out in my pickup, when someone was knocking on my window. The lady at the window said, "What do you think about that crap?" I said, "I'm sorry. What are you talking about?" She said, "My son not getting to play enough." I said, "I'm sorry. I know nothing about your child's attitude, and I've never watched him practice! I don't have an opinion!" I rolled up my window and left. If some folks truly saw their child's attitude for what it honestly was and knew more about how their kids worked in practice, they wouldn't always be attacking the coaches. Or, they probably still would! Hang in there all coaches! We appreciate your sacrifice and dedication to all kids regardless where you work!

It may be a free country but think again if you want to start running people down. I think Granger made it very clear how we feel about that. There's no need for that...........

1st of all I am a Cherokee home ex kid and a ex Cherokee high school student plus a ex football player, coached in my eyes by the best six man coaches in the state of Texas Mr Coach Maddox and Mr Coach Low and none of us in Cherokee are ashamed of our current team on the field and yes I believe our new coach Bear is a great coach along with coach Cantu ...what I like about our new coaches is they both have big hearts just as my coaches did ..from what I've seen this year is a very young group of boys learning the fundamentals and basics of football ...keep in mind our new coaches applied and Cherokee school board hired them ...so I have faith, brighter days are coming ..now for the Cherokee home times have changes back in the 60s 70s 80s the chc was a home for kids that didn't have a place to call home. There has never been a director looking for kids to move to Cherokee to play football in fact most of the kids from the home back then came to Cherokee home at the age of 4 to 7 years of age ,as myself and stayed til they finish school... Imagine if they were like all the foster care out there today ,Cherokee would be winning there 50th state championship in a row...KEEP up the great work COACH BEAR AND COACH CANTU .....off the soap box...

I coached in Cherokee for 3 years '07-'09. It's a great place to work. The school and community
are very supportive. I know they graduated several starters last year. I don't know Coach Bear personally, but anybody willing to sacrifice the amount of time and energy to take kids to play in Canada every summer must have a HUGE love for the game and for the kids that play.

No one but the players and coaches know exactly what is going on in a program. And all you have to do is ask a player if they like the coach and will work hard for him....that alone should speak volumes. Not everyone is equally talented, but everyone can better themselves.

If the players are working hard and playing hard, that's all that you can ask for.

Michael Brand

Good luck Coach Bear!!! We have your back and wish the best for you, your coaches, and your team!! Hit em hard And never stop!!

Brent Wrinkle
Rankin Texas
Red Devil Forever!

PS Caleb # 99 will never forget team U.S.A. 2013
Teammates and Coaches

We will never forget Caleb that's for sure. It was awesome getting to coach those kids in Canada. Thanks for all the support from Rankin.

Well, I have to confess, with all this constructive criticism that I have been pounded with... I've come around!

I'm a "BEAR" fan now and NO, not them damn Baylor Bears either! I have turned over a leave and will be supporting the "BEAR" and his cubs!
I was even going to make the trip to Zephyr tonight until I heard on KOXE radio that the game has been called off!! Just flat pissed me smooth off!
So I WILL be at eating at Big O's on the 4th of Oct. and then heading to Panther Field and then on Oct. 11th, I WILL be in Cherokee when they play Lohn and I WILL ROOT, ROOT, ROOT for the home team!

To: Sancho Panzee ----- Well, all I have to say is, "You caught the TATER!" LOL!

To: Johnny South ----- You said something like, "I hope so" that Cherokee gets it together! Who are you kidding, you being from Richland Sprangs. don't be lying to these great people on this board! You know your loving it!

To HP Drifter ---- Just FYI: They have opened up a new pipeline!

To Mr. Otil ---- I almost agree with everything you typed except, "50th State Championship"! Stop drinking the Cool-aid! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

GO INDIANS!

Yamregit":2cqaf9ed said:
Well, I have to confess, with all this constructive criticism that I have been pounded with... I've come around!

I'm a "BEAR" fan now and NO, not them damn Baylor Bears either! I have turned over a leave and will be supporting the "BEAR" and his cubs!
I was even going to make the trip to Zephyr tonight until I heard on KOXE radio that the game has been called off!! Just flat pissed me smooth off!
So I WILL be at eating at Big O's on the 4th of Oct. and then heading to Panther Field and then on Oct. 11th, I WILL be in Cherokee when they play Lohn and I WILL ROOT, ROOT, ROOT for the home team!

To: Sancho Panzee ----- Well, all I have to say is, "You caught the TATER!" LOL!

To: Johnny South ----- You said something like, "I hope so" that Cherokee gets it together! Who are you kidding, you being from Richland Sprangs. don't be lying to these great people on this board! You know your loving it!

To Mr. Otil ---- I almost agree with everything you typed except, "50th State Championship"! Stop drinking the Cool-aid! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

GO INDIANS!

Oh Tiger May my little china doll, I'm glad you realized the error of your ways. Coach Bear is doing a great job and will surprise you if you just take the blinds off and see the bigger picture.

Good football to you!

Joel

Yamregit":1oj3blix said:

GO INDIANS!

Well Yamregit, you got me there. I actually only want them to get it together enough to make an interesting game for the Coyotes! Fumbles and interceptions and more fumbles don't improve a defense a whole heck of a lot!

Back