Championship Games

Four towns all saying the same thing I first heard in the Strawn gym in 2003.
All I want for Christmas is a State Championship!

granger":2lv0jvet said:
I heard $10 for the day for parking. $15 for tickets

That's not too bad. I read something a while back about some of the lots for Cowboys or college game being up around $50 or more. I went in 2014 to see Throckmorton and don't remember paying but feel sure I did. If I don't remember I'm sure it wasn't much.

I've been thinking about my game plan. I'd like to see part of the D1 game but may not get there early enough as some think it could end early. Still would like to get there an hour or so before DII and get a good seat. Got to the one in 2014 about 10 minutes before kick off and ended up setting on the second level at about the 20. If I remember right that game was on a Saturday and there was a decent crowd considering it is sixman in the deathstar.
Dogface said he'd never been. Warning, concessions are expensive. I'm going to eat shortly before I get there or maybe fast food in the parking lot.
If the DII game is a full one as most expect it should be over close to 5:00. Rush hour in the metromess will just be really cranking up. Something I don't miss a bit, in fact detest, from my years of driving in it. I'm about to check out restaurants right around the stadium. I remember a BBQ joint being right across the street on the west side but it seems like it was a bit swanky/high $. Of course the all are. But I'll find somewhere take my time eating and give the traffic an hour or so to thin out a little.

Let's get fired up!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=it ... &FORM=VIRE

The Eddie Deen Smokehouse sounds like a decent bbq joint. Not too fancy, decent prices and 4 star reviews. Then again I've never been to a Boomerjacks. It looks kind of lively with a slightly different kind of a menu for a grill. Average pricing for the area. 3 stars on yelp, 4 on trip advisor.
Probable determining factor? Chicken sandwich at BJ's. Wife loves chicken parmesan. With a half order of the basic (Super Bowl) nachos we can nibble, eat and kill an hour or better while the traffic thins out a little bit.

51eleven":idvyt7fg said:
The Eddie Deen Smokehouse sounds like a decent bbq joint. Not too fancy, decent prices and 4 star reviews. Then again I've never been to a Boomerjacks. It looks kind of lively with a slightly different kind of a menu for a grill. Average pricing for the area. 3 stars on yelp, 4 on trip advisor.
Probable determining factor? Chicken sandwich at BJ's. Wife loves chicken parmesan. With a half order of the basic (Super Bowl) nachos we can nibble, eat and kill an hour or better while the traffic thins out a little bit.

I lived in that area for years. Boomerjacks is ok. Atmosphere is better than the food. A good BBQ place close to stadium is Red Hot and Blue. Lot of old pics and stories of blues bands inside. And yes sadly enough after the second game traffic will be a pain. Not only the rush hour but all the shoppers this close to Christmas. That area is going to be slammed with traffic. Good luck. Last time I went in 2014 we ate big brunch and sat traffic out while having dinner and a drinks afterwards...also crying in our beer after back to back trips to state only to run into Crowell both years. Lol

I watch the live streaming of both championship games it was perfect and Granger did a good job. Thanks for doing this. Look for my Sanderson Eagles to be there next year. Merry Christmas everyone--Christ is born -Glorify Him !!

Back