CFL...

topher80

11-man fan
As if the CFL wasn't already a disgrace... what a s*&%storm today. Wowzers... I haven't heard that many angry phone calls on the local sports radio station since the Toronto Maple Leafs decided to charge $15 for a beer instead of $14.50. ;)

In all seriousness, pro sports is ... yah. So grateful I can always turn on the computer on Friday evening and listen to some six-man football. Makes ignoring the NCAA and NFL a lot easier and I haven't watched a CFL game in eons.

Watched Saskatchewan Roughriders vs Hamilton this summer. Only paid 9.50 for a beer and some lady behind us bought us some poutine!!! (sp?) Really had a great time, and it was a GREAT atmosphere! Their new stadium is really cool. Plus it was football in summer! After watching the Canam bowl the day before it made for a great trip. On a side note, Baylor ex coach Art Briles just got a job with Hamilton.

smokeyjoe53":3j3p4c4m said:
First pro game I ever attended was in Calgary.......... had seats on the 55 yd line........

Two 50 yard lines does look a tad strange.. ;)

techster2000":3j3p4c4m said:
Watched Saskatchewan Roughriders vs Hamilton this summer. Only paid 9.50 for a beer and some lady behind us bought us some poutine!!! (sp?) Really had a great time, and it was a GREAT atmosphere! Their new stadium is really cool. Plus it was football in summer! After watching the Canam bowl the day before it made for a great trip. On a side note, Baylor ex coach Art Briles just got a job with Hamilton.

Given the value of the Canadian dollar, $9.50CAD is about $0.13US. Mighty kind of the woman to buy you some poutine, hopefully it was alright. Hit or miss with that stuff, no in between. The Roughriders are the best fans in the CFL and if you had to see a game anywhere in Canada, I would always recommend seeing one in Regina. Are you heading back up to Sask for the 2018 Can-Am Bowl?

Hope to. Got lucky this year and sat up for a half in a box seat with Don Narcisse. He is a cool guy! Not sure if I can make it again this next year. Regina is a great place! I hope to make it again if I can.

techster2000":2hztmmc6 said:
Hope to. Got lucky this year and sat up for a half in a box seat with Don Narcisse. He is a cool guy! Not sure if I can make it again this next year. Regina is a great place! I hope to make it again if I can.

Wow!!!! That is incredible. Sounds like you guys had a wonderful trip up to Canada for the Can-Am Bowl!

Back