Cedar Park Vs. Freddy

Birdman96

11-man fan
Fredericksburg is favored by 16, but I have a feeling it’s gonna be closer than that. Summit has a high powered offense that’s been scoring a ton of points. Anybody have thoughts on this game?

I've said it on a previous post. I believe Freddy gets the game they want. They control the tempo on offense. Get an early turnover on downs from Cedar Park first drive, get a 16-0 lead. Comfortable lead through 3 quarters but depth catches up with them in the 4th and the game ends close than what it should.

DirtyBayBulldog":w93d65h1 said:
I've said it on a previous post. I believe Freddy gets the game they want. They control the tempo on offense. Get an early turnover on downs from Cedar Park first drive, get a 16-0 lead. Comfortable lead through 3 quarters but depth catches up with them in the 4th and the game ends close than what it should.

Just curious if you have seen either team play.

That said I don't disagree about controlling the tempo, but was wondering if you have seen either team play.

I have seen CP play only on highlights on max preps but again those are high lights. They do look impressive. Fredy never posts any highlights so you don't know what you get unless you go watch them play. Shipman keeps things quiet

DirtyBayBulldog":3ajq8sj7 said:
You predicted pretty accurately how it played out. I need you to pick my lottery tickets for me!

Birdman96":234e4l1l said:
DirtyBayBulldog":234e4l1l said:
You predicted pretty accurately how it played out. I need you to pick my lottery tickets for me!

Whatever polluted bay is a homer!! Like I said CP Summit will always respect their oppopnent, but will also always show up!!

-War Eagle

Hate i missed this one and with the forecast i didn’t want to take the trip. Sounds as if both of you are “homers” looks like it was a pretty good game and can’t wait to hear the breakdown. Somebody has a chip on their shoulder, let’s get back to the game. Somebody break it Down

Old76er":fdwnmeg0 said:
Hate i missed this one and with the forecast i didn’t want to take the trip. Sounds as if both of you are “homers” looks like it was a pretty good game and can’t wait to hear the breakdown. Somebody has a chip on their shoulder, let’s get back to the game. Somebody break it Down

Yep I am a homer, so I will let someone else break it down...

-War Eagle

Alright now that my edge is off lol. I feel the difference in the game was CP's defense, which doesn't receive as much attention due to their offense. Freddy couldn't move the ball with any consistency and I think all points came off turnovers and a blocked punt after a bad call by officials. CP also showed depth last night as their QB got hit on what was clearly a roughing the passer call(which the backfield judge who was terrible, just completely missed). Their backup came in and performed great by keeping CP in the game with two scoring drives until their starter got back on the field. CP did fall behind 30 to 18, but scored the last 29 points capped off with a pick 6 that put the game away.

I know I am a CP homer, but this is a good football team with good coaching and will be a tough out for anyone come playoff time.

PS. Just throwing some from innocent banter at you dirty bay even though that the bay is kind of nasty you have to admit lol.

-War Eagle

WarEagle":2jhulss7 said:
Alright now that my edge is off lol. I feel the difference in the game was CP's defense, which doesn't receive as much attention due to their offense. Freddy couldn't move the ball with any consistency and I think all points came off turnovers and a blocked punt after a bad call by officials. CP also showed depth last night as their QB got hit on what was clearly a roughing the passer call(which the backfield judge who was terrible, just completely missed). Their backup came in and performed great by keeping CP in the game with two scoring drives until their starter got back on the field. CP did fall behind 30 to 18, but scored the last 29 points capped off with a pick 6 that put the game away.

I know I am a CP homer, but this is a good football team with good coaching and will be a tough out for anyone come playoff time.

PS. Just throwing some from innocent banter at you dirty bay even though that the bay is kind of nasty you have to admit lol.

-War Eagle

Sounds like it was a good game. Did Fredericksburg have any injuries?

Congratulations. It's always a confidence booster to beat a quality opponent, especially one that has a state championship on their mantle.

The playoffs will be tough. Waiting will be the likes of Weatheford, Longview Trinity, and Baytown. Those are some tall orders. And Freddy isn't totally out of your rearview mirror. It's alot tougher beating an opponent twice when that second meeting is in the playoffs.

WarEagle":20mvbamm said:
No they did not.
It was reported to me that #9 got injured from Freddy their captain and center which explains their issues with the snap. Hopefully he is back soon. Good Win for Summit. Should an exciting playoffs in all three Divisions.

DirtyBayBulldog":351945xy said:
Just gonna throw some shade, lol.

CP won against a team missing a key player.

Okay Polluted, contaminated or whatever bay you are at this stage. Let me set the record straight.
Summit's QB went out for 2 and a half quarters with a flagrant helmet shot to the jaw that the backfield judge completely missed(I had a direct line and am also a UIL Certified Official). CP also had 4 players that were suspended for the first quarter and another for a half for team violations. Fact is... Guantonomo Bay or whatever Nastified Bay you are, Freddy's center didn't go out til the 4th quarter and even before that Freddy had major exchange issues. Anyone who is looking at this objectively would contribute this to Summit's defensive pressure which Freddy had not seen all year. Let me also inform Bay of Pigs that CP's defense only gave up 14 offensive points to Freddy and frankly has been stuffing it's oppoinents all year. The reality is "little soft CP" faced adversity all week and somehow was able to overcome the Freddy machine you refered to early in the week. Oh also let me enlighten you that when CP's starting QB came back in that they ran off 27 unanswered points to finish the game. So feel free to cast shade "Mr Bay", but fact is Cedar Park Summit is as Legit as they come!!! Look forward to seeing you down the road....

Suspended players for violates rules...sure you want to be sharing that information? Folks may start thinking it's a "wild west program" in Cedar Park. Tisk tisk.

I've heard difference on "the hit". Clean. But we live with the plays on the field.

Exchange issues...sounds like Freddy shot themselves in the foot in otherwise would have been a district win. But hey, plenty of games to be played and hungry sharks out in the deep. Swim fast.

Back