Calvert Head Football/BB/Spring Sport

Calvert has a strong non-district schedule. Opponents have a combined record of 70-17 in 2015. Most likely will be no challenge in district play as they add Oglesby and loss High Island. District opponents last year were 9-21 overall with no one making the playoffs. Should be a matchup looming with Richland Springs in state semi-final assuming they win a first round game over a tough district 15 (Milford, Mount Calm, Oakwood, Trinidad) runner-up.

Emery 12-2 (TAPPS DI Champions)
Austin Veritas 13-0 (TAPPS DII Champions)
Borden County 13-1 (UIL DI State Semi-Finalist)
Trinidad 3-7
Waco Live Oak 10-3 (TAPPS DII State Runner-Up)
Chester 10-1 (Lost to Milford in 2nd Round)
Watauga Harvest 9-3 (TAPPS DI Area Round)

Oglesby 6-4
Buckholts 1-9
Prairie Lea 2-8

Calvert always has a lot of talent. They're losing 7 seniors starters on offense and defense, but they return several including Jaquan Thompson. Coach Cherry will have plenty to work with. They will be a top 3 DII team and most likely top 10 overall to start the season.

I Just got told at Valero that coach satcher applied at Calvert. Is it true? He gots a good team in calm and I thought it was good and he was set up. Tell me its a rumor.

sixmanvirgin":388n9vlb said:
I Just got told at Valero that coach satcher applied at Calvert. Is it true? He gots a good team in calm and I thought it was good and he was set up. Tell me its a rumor.

Job is supposedly already filled, so there's no point in even justifying any portion of this post with a comment. Congrats to Coach Cherry and the Trojans.

Sorry coach. We wanted you here and got told you wasn't leaving calm. Just was curious when I heard that why you would go to Calvert and not Coolidge.

sixmanvirgin":3pmpqgls said:
Sorry coach. We wanted you here and got told you wasn't leaving calm. Just was curious when I heard that why you would go to Calvert and not Coolidge.

Not leaving Mount Calm was the only true statement so far. Very happy where I am. Have three years left on my contract and hoping to honor that. Would prefer not to hijack this thread, so you can pm if you would like.

Back