Calvert Athletic Prg

According to the UIL Website:

http://www.uiltexas.org/leaguer/article ... al-notices

Calvert ISD/Calvert High School – The State Executive Committee voted to issue Calvert High School and Coach Marcus Wortham three years probation and a public reprimand for violations of rules requiring submission of eligibility forms and completion of the Rules Compliance Program.

No where does it say TEAM SUSPENSION FROM UIL PLAYOFFS, Loss of district games, etc....

My guess is, Calvert will be able to participate in UIL athletics while under 3 years of probation.

was told today 2 candidates/finalists will be brought to the school board meeting & discussed...
So Calvert should have a head football/head basketball/head track coach in place on Wednesday, July 22.

Don't know why they'd wait this late to bring someone on board

Tough place to coach. Extremely tough when you have one person coaching football, basketball, track. Whoever lands that job will have there hands full. Community from what I was told is working real hard to replace the present Superintendent.

yes I agree, that will be extremely tough & exhausting to be the head coach of football, head basketball and head track coach.
To go along with a #1 ranking, trying to go further than a state semi-final run in football (which means state title game).

I've said to myself many times, How could that Superintendent not be in hot water for not following up on ALL uil paperwork.

MLP1108":2cjtcv5h said:
Tough place to coach. Extremely tough when you have one person coaching football, basketball, track. Whoever lands that job will have there hands full. Community from what I was told is working real hard to replace the present Superintendent.

As of today there will be two coaches hired at Calvert I.S.D. One Assistant football, track, and Head basketball, along with a Head football and track coach. Along with these two coaches, the new A.D will help with football.

That Guy Shelton you most definitely seem to have more insight into this matter. Would you happen to be one of those lucky two?

looks like they hired That Guy Shelton, I noticed he's posted a few items about the place, the coaches being hired, and has started scheduling a week 2 game..

It was made official Tuesday night.
Wayne Ware(head football and track) and James Shelton(head basketball, assistant football and track), were named the two coaches for the Calvert Trojans.

Is Wayne Ware the Coach Ware I think I've seen post on here or is he related to him? Does he have sixman coaching experience (HC?)? Where's he from? Best of luck to both.

51eleven":l6razog7 said:
Is Wayne Ware the Coach Ware I think I've seen post on here or is he related to him? Does he have sixman coaching experience (HC?)? Where's he from? Best of luck to both.
Coach Ware resigned from Covington to accept the Calvert job.

Congrats to Coach Ware on his new post at Calvert. I have a great deal of respect for Coach Ware dating back to his days at Pine Drive. There is no doubt that Calvert is getting a coach who is a difference maker and will take that program to even higher heights.

Welcome to the district coach. Game on!!!

Back