Brazos Bowl All Star Football game June 25th

I wish you were right about the weather oldfolks! Its about 1 hr til kickoff 103 degrees. These boys are gonna be hot! However, we are ready for some sixman action.

At half time it was 97° with low humidity and was not bad if you were in a shade. If we had of been East of 35 we would have been soaked in sweat. Great meal at Mary’s as usual. It is past my bed time and I will save my other comment, all good, until tomorrow. Checkitout, I was worried about the heat to start with but yes, we are ready for some sixman action.

I watched Water Valley get beat in the playoffs without Canon Wiese. I know that a lot of schools have lost games in the past possibly because of injuries including 6A. Ask Ducanville. Having watched Water Valley lose that game last year and watching Canon play in the Brazos Bowl, I do think he would have made the difference. As I said, lots of injuries over the years and that is a part of the game. Ask Colt Mallory and Gabe Nelson. I hope Canon can play in the Coaches All-Star Game. I hope Gavin Lee of Covington is OK. The Brazos Bowl was a lot of fun to watch. Plan to make Coaches All-Star Game.

I watched Water Valley get beat in the playoffs without Canon Wiese. I know that a lot of schools have lost games in the past possibly because of injuries including 6A. Ask Ducanville. Having watched Water Valley lose that game last year and watching Canon play in the Brazos Bowl, I do think he would have made the difference. As I said, lots of injuries over the years and that is a part of the game. Ask Colt Mallory and Gabe Nelson. I hope Canon can play in the Coaches All-Star Game. I hope Gavin Lee of Covington is OK. The Brazos Bowl was a lot of fun to watch. Plan to make Coaches All-Star Game.
Both kids will be playing in the TSMCA All Star game. Gavin Lee is fine. Canon Wiese is a great player. They will be fun to watch in a couple of weeks.

I believe that his name is Cannon Wise from Water Valley. If I understand correctly he suffered an injury in playoffs and did not play against May. Or it might very well have been Westbrook vs. Water Valley at state. Could be wrong on the injury but i believe it’s correct.

Thanks for posting the link. That was fun to watch though it was hard to tell who anybody was. E.G., who was number 2 on the Red team?
Red Team #2 was Canon Wiese from Water Valley.

I talked to several players from the Brazos Bowl and they told me how much fun they had participating. I encourage graduates to play next year if they have the opportunity!

Back