Boerne Geneva accepting applications for assistant AD +

GSB

11-man fan
The Geneva School of Boerne is accepting applications for the position of assistant A.D. In addition to assistant A.D. duties, the person filling this position will be expected to assist with the JV and varsity football teams, assist with middle school and varsity track, and perhaps coach a middle school basketball team. The assistant A.D. will also help administer the strength and conditioning program. There are no classroom teaching duties for this position.

Those interested please send your resume to [email protected].

Scott Stolle
Geneva School of Boerne

Attention SixMan coaches: I would strongly recommend that you go to the school site and read the "FIVE-YEAR PLAN FOR ATHLETICS". It is very well written but this school's vision, as written, is to get to 11man as fast as it can. According to the PLAN SixMan is only a stepping stone (my words) to get to 11man.

I will also state that I just went through Boerne last week (nice Bass Pro Store) and this looks like an exciting place to be. Lots of construction with a LOT of BIG houses being built within sight of the highway. Looks like this is a very rapidly developing area. If I lived in the area this would be a very tempting opportunity. My simple speculation is that this is another Austin Regents in the making.

Mr. Stolle if I have said something here that offends, it is not my intention.

HisTeam wrote:
> Attention SixMan coaches: I would strongly recommend that you go to the
> school site and read the "FIVE-YEAR PLAN FOR ATHLETICS". It is
> very well written but this school's vision, as written, is to get to 11man
> as fast as it can. According to the PLAN SixMan is only a stepping stone
> (my words) to get to 11man.
>
> I will also state that I just went through Boerne last week (nice Bass Pro
> Store) and this looks like an exciting place to be. Lots of construction
> with a LOT of BIG houses being built within sight of the highway. Looks
> like this is a very rapidly developing area. If I lived in the area this
> would be a very tempting opportunity. My simple speculation is that this is
> another Austin Regents in the making.
>
> Mr. Stolle if I have said something here that offends, it is not my
> intention.

Well, having been at the school several times, I can tell you they did not spend the dollars on facilities to have a Grade 9-12 enrollment of 80 or 90 kids. When I went to a school assembly to give an award, there were more kids on the stage than in the entire Lifegate student body (which is around 140-150; and the Geneva group was only a couple of the elementary grades) So, I'm sure that Scott and the Geneva administration aren't going to take any offense.

Several years ago, I spoke with one of Scott's predecessors about building their football program. Guess what school he came from? Austin Regents. Plus, if they were thinking of sticking with six man football, I need to tell them they put both of those goal posts 10 yards too far away on each side.

Boerne and the NW/NC San Antonio area is a growth area (just north of Six Flags). There are housing developments where I'd have a hard time making a down payment on a garage or a utility shed. Lots of corporate execs, physicians and other well-off folks. And lawyers like Scott, my good friend. It's basically as close to San Antonio as you can get and live in the Hill Country.

My guess (and it's just that) is that Geneva may pay fairly well for private schools ... certainly not public school dollars, but you won't be working weekends at the car wash on the side to cover the rent check (maybe for the car payment if you want a really spiffy sports car, but we won't go down that street).

Back