Blanket Boys Basketball

goob,
bear in mind when i say this that i like burkhart. i think he is a good coach and a better man, however, the reality is this: etheridge there, 3 championships..... etheridge gone, probably none.... has nothing to do with HPD.

dmeans":35x78wbt said:
goob,
bear in mind when i say this that i like burkhart. i think he is a good coach and a better man, however, the reality is this: etheridge there, 3 championships..... etheridge gone, probably none.... has nothing to do with HPD.

Reminds me of a story from the funeral of my old high school coach. After Mass, we go to the church hall for lunch and to continue stories (and there were many) of this fine man.

The guy who then coached football at the school told of how Marty helped him as an assistant during some lean years. One day, two big ol' farm boys come into the office and tell Marty and the coach that they're coming to Regis High.

Once the boys leave, Marty turns to the coach and says, "Friend, we just became better coaches."

don't be dissin on burkhart. rs beat rule because burkhart's kids blocked and tackled much better than rule did. that is coaching! also, williams, smith, daniels and some others might take exception to the talk that it was all te. if burkhart had been coaching rule the outcome might have been different.

first of all, nobody was "dissing" on burkhart... i think that he is a good coach and does a good job and i believe that statement was made.... but how many state championships did he win before te was in hs?

secondly, lets see if you can understand this... go back 2 yrs to when the colts won the super bowl.... it took a whole team to win the game, there is no argument there. however, do you think that they would have won with the second team qb? in their situation, it wasn't all payton manning, but without him, they don't win.... simple as that.... same with rs.

thirdly, this was intended to stick up for HPD and not to "dis" anyone.... the fact is, te was there, burkhart (and everyone else) did a great job, and you won championships.

Goob":m27tqwg4 said:
It ain't reel hard to understand, Misty.

Yew gone, three champeeonchips.

Yew here, who knowd?

Goob,

You could say that about any coach there before 2002. The Drifter does not have to prove anything about his coaching abilities, he did pretty well in his career. But he'll be the first to tell you that it is that one special athlete that can make the difference between a good team and a great team. He knows that from experience.

Old Bearkat":3h8978iy said:
Goob":3h8978iy said:
It ain't reel hard to understand, Misty.

Yew gone, three champeeonchips.

Yew here, who knowd?

Goob,

You could say that about any coach there before 2002. The Drifter does not have to prove anything about his coaching abilities, he did pretty well in his career. But he'll be the first to tell you that it is that one special athlete that can make the difference between a good team and a great team. He knows that from experience.

Our old friend Goob probably is undefeated in his high school varsity coaching career, as I am ... but that's because I also have a zero in the win column. From my thirty-plus years of being around coaches and knowing them, one of the few things I know is that it is much easier to coach from the stands than on the sidelines.

"if burkhart had been coaching rule the outcome might have been different."

Sorry I felt something in my throat, I think I just threw-up.

Back