Biggest Upsets in Week 5

rainjacktx

Six-man fan
Ira over Rankin was shocking to some folks, but I had Ira winning this one. Nonetheless, it was an upset.

Motley County getting blanked by Crowell was pretty huge. Granted, Bigham had a couple of key players out, which is like a death blow to D-II schools - I just didn't see MC getting 45'd at half.

Petersburg over Meadow. I did not see that one coming at all.

Oh, and perhaps the biggest upset of the evening: the spawn of rainjack was selected as Valley's homecoming queen. Can anyone say irony?

MC getting Blanked at half was a little suprising, after they beat follet by only 3 last week I thought Crowell would handle them pretty easily but was exspecting a whole game of it.
Hey rainjack does Silverton finally get in the win column next vs happy next week or do they go 0 and 9 this year?

Congrats to your daughter on being homecoming queen Rainman. We all know that being related to you has to be an extreme hardship to overcome. I'm always happy to see kids overcome overwhelming obstacles to achieve success.

oldfat&bald":2r44h9wn said:
Congrats to your daughter on being homecoming queen Rainman. We all know that being related to you has to be an extreme hardship to overcome. I'm always happy to see kids overcome overwhelming obstacles to achieve success.

+1
Congrats to your daughter, rainjack! I know you and Mrs rainjack are proud, and rightly so!

Donkgrind":m6lvviou said:
MC getting Blanked at half was a little suprising, after they beat follet by only 3 last week I thought Crowell would handle them pretty easily but was exspecting a whole game of it.
Hey rainjack does Silverton finally get in the win column next vs happy next week or do they go 0 and 9 this year?

I would love to see Silverton win some games this year. I think once these kids get a little taste of it, they will make a pretty good team.

Happy is going to be a great team in a couple of years. Their freshman class is stellar.

I'm not going to get into the predicting game, but if Silverton wants to beat Happy - they'd better do it this year because it might be a long stretch before they can beat Happy again.

I'm not a Silverton fan, so to speak, but they do have better athletes than their program shows for, and I'd like to see those young men do well. If they can get over the hump they could potentially get in the play offs, Guthrie is beatable for them and I think that's the only team they have to beat to get out.

Donkgrind":10tsm0b1 said:
I'm not a Silverton fan, so to speak, but they do have better athletes than their program shows for, and I'd like to see those young men do well. If they can get over the hump they could potentially get in the play offs, Guthrie is beatable for them and I think that's the only team they have to beat to get out.

The situation in Silverton is the direct result of having a revolving door in the coach's office. 4 different head coaches over the last 4 seasons.

The seniors have had a new head coach each season for the entirety of their high school careers. You can't expect the kids to do well in that situation. They are like the foster children of 6-man football. I'm not going to point fingers here, but this is not the fault of the players.

Dale Gribble":1lkdg14o said:
is mc on the down hill slide? hear the next game will be tough too...??

Down hill slide? Hardly. The Mats were missing some very key players. You can't go up against a top 10 D-1 team shorthanded and expect to have your way with them.

MC will not lose another game during the regular season. I doubt anyone will last 4 quarters with them until deep in the playoffs.

rainjacktx":3u7zrr2o said:
Dale Gribble":3u7zrr2o said:
is mc on the down hill slide? hear the next game will be tough too...??

Down hill slide? Hardly. The Mats were missing some very key players. You can't go up against a top 10 D-1 team shorthanded and expect to have your way with them.

MC will not lose another game during the regular season. I doubt anyone will last 4 quarters with them until deep in the playoffs.

A little love for Crowell. I knew you had it in ya. ;-)

I do agree with the rest of your post about MC. They will bounce back!! For the second year in a row I have them picked for the big dance. I havent kept up with DII this year so I have no idea who on the other side of the bracket they will face.

Seems like ever time they play Crowell they have some key players out. My thoughts are it wouldnt have mattered had they had 7 players on the field all game long. I have NEVER seen a group of Wildcats as fired up as they were last night. It was almost scary. The coaching staff for MC looked like statues midway through the second quarter. I just hope the Cats can keep this focus as they have another big game next week!!

I gotta throw a game out for my upset. How bout my boys at Harrold!! Not a high profile game by any means but it was probly like winning the superbowl to those boys. Good job Hornets!!!

Congrats to the female offspring of yours Rainjacktx on her recent royalty win!!

if MC only had two key players out, then they must be a two man team. you'd think they would've it least put a score on the board for the number 2 rank team in DII. i haven't heard any details about the game itself. maybe they didn't "show up". however, for a team that is supposed to be good and, go into the post season, you'd figure they have depth and others to step it up.

Dale Gribble":3ggzk0mq said:
if MC only had two key players out, then they must be a two man team. you'd think they would've it least put a score on the board for the number 2 rank team in DII. i haven't heard any details about the game itself. maybe they didn't "show up". however, for a team that is supposed to be good and, go into the post season, you'd figure they have depth and others to step it up.

A D-II team with enough depth to cover two missing players in key positions is a distinct rarity.

I spoke with Bigham this afternoon, and he wasn't offering any excuses. I reminded him of being a couple of guys short, and he said that his personnel was not the issue. Basically, he said Crowell prepared for the game better than MC did. Bigham's boys will sweep the rest of the season and the playoffs. In my opinion MC is the only team in the West side of the bracket.

It would be pretty cool if two schools only 25 - 30 miles apart were to represent our little area in Abilene.

Back