Best Teams in 1a-2 State

EagleLeader41

11-man fan
Who is the best and who is going to take state this year.

My personal guess is Kopperl. They have all the starters coming back. Got 2 good move ins and a pretty good freshman. I think they are the team to beat this year in 1a-2.

As you can probbly guess, I'll take Happy hands down. Kopperl did not even win a game in the playoffs. Lets get through football first, 'cause Happy will be playing that for awhile.

I'll agree with the last post - this is way early for this idea, but ...

In Region II - Rule ( super athletic, but no real size ), Roby ( lost a good couple of seniors, but had some very talented underclassmen) and Rankin ( excellent quality inside and out, but no depth ) are all good bets to return to the Regional tournament.

Ira is going to be a force in the coming years as well. Good kids, good coach.

In Region I - Grady will be tough - Tubb is as good as anyone in 1-A II and a new coach who will be a tremendous asset.

That's the teams to watch in my world ...

To the comment of Kopperl not winning a playoff game last year, soooo what. Its not what happend last year, but what happens this year. During spring and summer league we beat Alvarado, Keene, Whitney, Country Day, and should have beat Hillsboro, were up by 15 at half but they had alot of speed and came back and won by 3. Those are all good 3 and 4 A schools that, with the exception of Hillsboro, we won by at least 20 every time. It is Kopperl's year and I want all the teams to know that they need to watch out cause we are coming and we won't stop until we are holding up that state trophy.

yeah buddy you were probably going against their 2nd or 3rd string because your team is not that good, I have seen you play. And last time I checked you dont get state rings for summer league basketball.

I always love people that talk about summer ball, ask Lorenzo just how much success in summer leauge means when it comes to the regular season. This is just some kid trying to hype his team up.

yeah their first string summer league players.. you arent going to beat those teams top players you have to be crazy. if so Kopperl would walk their way to state, use your brain

Our team that went to Austin last year was about .500 in summer league. For what it is worth...

Coaching, strategy, conditioning, all the players being there, etc ... have an impact that renders the results of summer league basically useless. Kids need to play to improve skills, but don't get carried away predicting titles off games in June.

Back