Best Rookie In The NFL For 2006

i think its reggie bush. yeah vince is doin good with the titans but look at their record compared 2 the saints. i mean theres no question about it. their both really good but reggies the most improved.

improved HE'S not even playing.....are u joking me he's scored 1 td in half a season.....he avarages 2.1 yards a carry on 4 carries that's still not a first down

ok well name another rookie dats close 2 dat. but then again it is his 1st year. it duznt matter how much he averages. u gotta think bout the future. if he'll improve the team or if he'll make it worse. i think he'll improve them so w/e.

Better rookies that Reggie Bush?<P>Marques Colston<BR>Greg Jennings<BR>Chad Jackson<BR>Joseph Addai<BR>Laurence Maroney<BR>Wali Lundy<BR>Matt Leinart<BR>Vince Young<BR>Mario Williams<BR>Demeco Ryans<P>I could go on...

ok laurence maroney and vince youn are the only 1s that are really doing anything. why do you feel its necessary to argue with me? oh but i will give you credit looking in the newspaper for their names. i would have never thought of that.

Why do you feel obligated to jump on the Reggie Bush bandwagon? Why is it that just because his name is Reggie Bush, he should automatically get rookie of the year?<P>I KNEW when he came out of USC that he was NOT going to be a standout as a rookie. sure he's fast, but he WILL NOT pound the ball up the middle like a true NFL running back should. he tries too hard to pull his cutback-run backwards-reverse field junk to make a spectacular play rather than get the 4-5 positive yards.<P>i forget who they played, but a week or 2 ago he had 11 rushes for -5 yards. not rookie of the year stats.<P>my vote goes to moroney. he actually makes plays for positive yardage, and can make the big play when given the opportunity.<P>[ November 12, 2006: Message edited by: Nate Looney ]<p>[ November 12, 2006: Message edited by: Nate Looney ]

from the 'other' Los Angeles school, a guy we have overlooked here is Maurice Jones-Drew from UCLA. He's playing some great ball over at Jacksonville.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR> ok laurence maroney and vince youn are the only 1s that are really doing anything. why do you feel its necessary to argue with me? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Care to guess where Marques Colston ranks in receiving yardage?<P>4th.<P>How about receiving touchdowns?<P>1st.<P>Coming into today he had 700 yds. and 7 TDs.<P>Currently, it's halftime of the NO/PIT game and he has 128 yards against the Steelers' 9th ranked pass defense.

ok there ya go...last time i checked reggie bush did pretty good last nite. lets see i mean he did jump over THREE ppl for a td. look im not sayin hes the best and of course he wont run it like a "true" runningback in the NFL. because its his 1st year. i guarantee that lt and everybody else was just the same their rookie year.

he did OK last night. not anything to merit rookie of the year.<P>and once again, thats only his 2nd touchdown of the year. Colston and Moroney have far more TDs and way better stats.<P>Reggie Bush is a joke of a rookie.

Emmit Smith= hardcore NFL runningback.<P>Reggie Bush= great athleticism...but I wouldn't call him a true NFL runningback. Let him put on 15 lbs and then we will see.

Bush is what he is. He's not going to get 30 carries a game. That would be just plain dumb. Look who he's playing for. The Saints are much improved this year, because of Bush, Brees, and Colston. Every time Bush is on the field, the other team is forced to overplay him. He's opened up a lot more things for Brees and McAllister, thus making the Saints a better team. Sure Emmitt was a great back, but he was the beneficiary of a great O-line. I wonder what Bush could do behind Newton, Stepnoski, Williams, Tuinei, and Kennard.

thank god someone sees that he's not a true running back he's a slot man and a back a kr/pr i mean come on he wont b someone who breaks records he may carry his team 10 years later from now but were talking best rookie this year....maroney

Joseph Addai:<P>568 rushing yards, 3 TDs. <P>190 receiving yards, 1 TD.<P>Laurence Maroney:<P>495 rushing yards, 3 TDs.<P>109 receiving yards, 0 TDs.<P>Why do so many predict Maroney to be ROTY? He splits time with Corey Dillon, and Dillon puts up better numbers.

Corey Dillon is a seasoned veteran. he SHOULD put up better numbers than a rookie. The simple fact that Maroney splits time with Dillon is a testament to his ability. <P>I lean toward him because he has the running style that could make him into an incredible back in the future. he has a much more NFL-esque running style than bush. he reminds me of Stephen Jackson over at St. Louis.<P>I'm really biased toward running backs, too. i used to be one.

Marooney has looked pretty good! Colston has been the most consistent rookie on the Saints. Bush can make plays, but he also loses yards going for the home run. He is not a rookie, but Barber from the Boys is a pretty good second punch!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nate Looney:<BR><STRONG>Corey Dillon is a seasoned veteran. he SHOULD put up better numbers than a rookie.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I think he's a little over-seasoned.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR> I lean toward him because he has the running style that could make him into an incredible back in the future. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>What is it that you don't like about Addai's running style? He puts up better numbers in a pass-oriented offense. He also averages over half yard per carry more than Maroney.

Back