Best player

John Reeves from Mullin, Joe Henderson from Brookesmith, killed in a crop dusting crash down in the valley several years ago, and of course Jordan Hicks of RS.

ol' gus":176sw1mk said:
51eleven":176sw1mk said:
51eleven":176sw1mk said:
smokeyjoe53":176sw1mk said:
There were some more from the '60's but I can't remember that far back.........

I've read that if you can remember the 60's you weren't really there...
I remember Bonanza, and the Ice Bowl.

Offense, TE, Johnny Abbott of Strawn. Defense, Johnny Parsons, 03, and Jonathan Lindsey, 08, both of Strawn.

Revision. I guess my selective memory purposely forgot the one game I saw him play.
Damien Jackson, 1998, Trinidad.
Jackson was a prime academic too! I bet Coach Mallory could give us some insight on Damien Jackson with no research required.

I feel sure he and the rest of the team still respect him. Scroll down to 2008.

http://texassixman.pointstreaksites.com ... me/players

Bo Simpson and Cole Freeman could have played for any team I've seen since 1992.

Simpson had range and that sixth sense ability to sniff out the offense's intention at the snap.
Cole had slightly less defensive range with the same sixth sense. Cole played Y in the Jaybird and against GC handled Cujo better than anyone ever during his junior year. His last year Cole moved to Tailback where his running ability was quick, powerful and slippery. Had he dedicated himself to football year round like he did with baseball he would still be playing. In a 2010 practice I happened to be standing in a dangerous spot as Cole pierced thru the line. His body missed me by a foot, and as he passed the power and wind displacement felt like a Viking battering ram. It was an impressive near-death feeling...literally. Sounds odd but that's how it was. I have felt that only once before when watching a Clawson practice in 2001 as Jordan Hicks ran a sweep so close to where I stood I was left with a face full of cut grass and fire ants.

Miles without a doubt was one of, if not the best ever.

The Cooley kid from BC was real good too. I bet he was pound for pound one of the most physical, punishing players out there.

The Calunga kid from Garden City was good too.

I would like to see everyone's ALL-TIME ALL-WORLD OFFENSE AND DEFENSES.
Pick them playing only ONE way just for fun.
Have your fun with it. Build a tight or a spread whoever is the best of the best the way you'd play.

(y)TE-
(x)SE-
C-
QB/SB-
(f)RB-
(r)RB-

Defense

E-
E-
B-
B-
C/S-
C/S-

CJ was phenomenal. The first time I saw him was his sophomore, maybe junior year in Hico against Calvert. He jumped over a quality player and raced down the home sideline for a big gain. I was eating ice cream until the jump, then it was all over the fans below . In fact at the very moment of CJ's incredible play I was battling a severe bout of brain-freeze...all I could say was aaahhh,,,aaahhh....

Hogue cheated. (:

If you make this seen in person/and.or/on film then I'd say

1. Miles
2. Richburg
3. Richey

the rest dont matter...I think hands down those are the three best in that order, and all three played at the college level as well, very well I might add!

For my money Rory Peacock was the best Woodson player, as I remember it he was underused for a few seasons at Woodson...he played WR at McMurry University and was dang good! All-American once I believe...

Back