Best first round playoff games + 1 spread buster???

dawgfan23

11-man fan
Best 1st round games this week,
Oakwood-Aquilla
Ira-Sands
Zephyr-Knox City
Meadow-Spur

1 possible spread buster,
Water Valley-Ft. Davis,..... if Ft. Davis plays hard all 4 quarters, regardless of score, they have the talent to beat the spread.

Post your picks for best 1st round games.

Oakwood-Aquilla - Aquilla wins going away.

Ira-Sands - I think this game will be the second best game of those listed here. I would not be surprised if Sands won.

Zephyr-Knox City - The best game - at least the most evenly matched - on this list. I think Zephyr pulls it out.

Meadow-Spur - Meadow wins decisively.

WV - FD - WV wins by half-time.

Oakwood-Aquilla
Ira-Sands
Zephyr-Knox City
Meadow-Spur

1 possible spread buster,
Water Valley-Ft. Davis,.who scores last i think it will be water valley

I honestly don't see aquilla beating oakwood healthy or not. I've been watching some film with the boys and they don't look like that match what oakwood has talent wise. But we shall find out soon enough.

I don't think Oakwood will be able handle to Aquilla's toughness. They will know what Aquilla will run and won't be able to stop them.

I think that the best game of the week will be Cherokee v Calvert. A clash of styles and a rematch of a great game last year. Calvert's youth has grown up a lot this season, but I don't know if they will be able to handle Cherokee's toughness and character. Cherokee in a close one 34-29.

well of course im backing my boys... but really i dont think aquilla has what it takes.. we have a bunch of tough, hard running, hard hittin, talented young men on this team.. and i do beleive they are more talented all the way around than what i have seen on aquillas team

oakwoodalumni56":38h9hv0a said:
well of course im backing my boys... but really i dont think aquilla has what it takes.. we have a bunch of tough, hard running, hard hittin, talented young men on this team.. and i do beleive they are more talented all the way around than what i have seen on aquillas team
Prepare yourself for disappointment.

The Crowell v. Follett game should have some interest. Crowell fell to this team last year in the exact same place they will meet up again. If memory serves me right Crowell was actually picked to win last year even though they had a lower ranking. This year the tide has turned. Crowell had had one of its better seasons winning the district. They are picked to win and hungry for their place in the playoffs.
I too like the Ft Davis matchup. I like the way these boys play ad well good hard nose West Tx football.

oakwoodalumni56":18vdgexw said:
i will NEVER prepare my self for disappointment.. if it happenes it happenes. but dont cry too much whenever oakwood knocks aquilla out thursday
If Oakwood beats Aquilla, it'll just mean they wanted it more.
Just remember this - I don't speak for the team. I just give my opinions.

CowboyP":2392h8fe said:
oakwoodalumni56":2392h8fe said:
i will NEVER prepare my self for disappointment.. if it happenes it happenes. but dont cry too much whenever oakwood knocks aquilla out thursday
OH MY!!
Say it ain't so!
Please tell me you haven't fallen for that
"all you have to do is want it more"
krap?
This is me ...puking... :-Q

Dogface":3len4ebw said:
CowboyP":3len4ebw said:
oakwoodalumni56":3len4ebw said:
OH MY!!
Say it ain't so!
Please tell me you haven't fallen for that
"all you have to do is want it more"
krap?
This is me ...puking... :-Q
That isn't all you have to do, but wanting it helps. :)
Doggy if you're puking, stop eating raw squirrels.

Back