Being Silenced or censored is not Texan.. Change my mind!

GigemSooners":120ojr2n said:
granger":120ojr2n said:
GigemSooners":120ojr2n said:
I dont care if a bunch of RS people complained and threatened Granger with a lawsuit.

That's very convenient for you. Not so much for me.

Granger, I apologize to you and you only. I dont know what emails, threats,etc... have been sent to you (I assume certain people and a certain school would try to do that). Wasnt trying to cause you more of a headache.
Would you agree that there has been things said (way) worse on different threads about different coaches? That's my whole point. Is this a public forum or is it private? Being threatened through lawsuit and or any other things should not be ground rules to censor an opinion, even if facts are proven. Going by what you posted about the rules and individual posts... I think there should be a lot of cleaning up to do, if it comes to that. Just saying... going by what you said.

I miss the old Granger not the "forced" PC Granger.

You do realize the First Amendment only protects your freedom of speech versus the government. It starts off "Congress shall make no law."

Any lawsuit would be against you for stating libelous acts or for Granger for allowing them. Since your posts do not benefit Granger, taking them down avoids having to deal with it. The whole Facebook silencing people who "violate their terms of service" thing is probably going to change the relationship between host and poster. In my opinion, Granger doesn't even come close to Facebook as he lets most things go pretty equally.

If you're worried about it, let me point something out to you: when you say "Richland hired X person because they have Y kids" that's something that can be verified during discovery. If you're telling the truth, then no there is problem. When you say "Burkhart is fat," however, what are you trying to accomplish besides defaming him?

TebowTime15":28igz0ad said:
GigemSooners":28igz0ad said:
granger":28igz0ad said:
GigemSooners":28igz0ad said:
I dont care if a bunch of RS people complained and threatened Granger with a lawsuit.

That's very convenient for you. Not so much for me.

Granger, I apologize to you and you only. I dont know what emails, threats,etc... have been sent to you (I assume certain people and a certain school would try to do that). Wasnt trying to cause you more of a headache.
Would you agree that there has been things said (way) worse on different threads about different coaches? That's my whole point. Is this a public forum or is it private? Being threatened through lawsuit and or any other things should not be ground rules to censor an opinion, even if facts are proven. Going by what you posted about the rules and individual posts... I think there should be a lot of cleaning up to do, if it comes to that. Just saying... going by what you said.

I miss the old Granger not the "forced" PC Granger.

You do realize the First Amendment only protects your freedom of speech versus the government. It starts off "Congress shall make no law."

Any lawsuit would be against you for stating libelous acts or for Granger for allowing them. Since your posts do not benefit Granger, taking them down avoids having to deal with it. The whole Facebook silencing people who "violate their terms of service" thing is probably going to change the relationship between host and poster. In my opinion, Granger doesn't even come close to Facebook as he lets most things go pretty equally.

If you're worried about it, let me point something out to you: when you say "Richland hired X person because they have Y kids" that's something that can be verified during discovery. If you're telling the truth, then no there is problem. When you say "Burkhart is fat," however, what are you trying to accomplish besides defaming him?

You're right. "Eye for an Eye" mentality is not the way to approach things, especially conversation.

Granger, I think you do a great job running this site. I like how you leave up threads that are controversial, thought provoking, and sometimes just dirty. You're not even close to what FB and the other social media sites do, regarding censorship. Please dont turn out like them.
Btw, this is my only account. I have never used more than one account at a time. I have been an active follower of this website since I was 10 years old, basically when this website started. I was raised small town, grew up watching and playing 6man football. So I have a love for the sport. Again, sorry for the headache.

The statement about the lawsuit was a good one. Perspective is based on which side you are on.
Makes me think of two truths that never change
1. Difference between Major surgery and Minor surgery.
If it is a friend having surgery could be minor but if it ME having surgery it is MAJOR surgery.

2. Temperature at late season football game
It is directly related to the scoreboard. It is always colder on the loosing teams side of the field
Also applies to games played in the rain. Not as wet when winning.

Back