barack obama speaking tomorrow.

OK, I was going to stay away from this thread, but now I have to respond, and then I'm done.

6manfan4life":1wf7bn9m said:
unfortunately the bush did it claim is very valid... becus, he did. he screwed up the budget, wasted money on an unecessary war, gave away money, and caused the value of the dollar to drop dramatically.

obama has inherited a country in bad shape, and is doing what he can to fix it. the economy is on the upturn in some ways. the job loss in the country is getting lower and lower, gas prices have stablized, and house prices r stablizing. so he is improving the economy.

The economy took a dive from rules mandated by a democratic congress that people who cannot afford a mortgage were allowed to get one. The prevailing theory was that when the balloon payments came due, they could flip the house for a profit and then use the profit to get a new home. It totally ignored the fact the real estate speculation had reached ridiculous proportions and the bubble was overdue to burst. Both Bush and mccain treid to get Congress to wake up about it, but a certain Senator - "Sandwich" Dodd and a certain representative, Barney "hide the" Frank repeatedly said there was no problem and anyone who said there was is just a racist.

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/edito ... al_fiasco/

Oil prices have stabilized because the worldwide demand has fallen off the cliff due to the recession. When the economy picks back up prices are going to skyrocket even worse than i 2007 because of the long term contracts the Chinese have sewn up. And on those decreasing job losses, nothing the government did slowed those down. Most companies have already layed off as many as they could and still be a functional entity. The government action by the current admin and Congress has made it worse by delaying the recovery.

When the Democrats re-took Congress in 2006, the first thing Pelosi and company did was insist on a revival of the discredited Keynesian economics. Bush went along with the incredible increase in deficit spending and as usual with Keynsian "stimulus", nothing but more debt happened. 0bama's administration took this notion to even more ridiculous heights by tripling the national debt with an even more massive stimulus, which still has not worked (anyone remember what they predicted about unemployment? No more than 8%?), a more massive bank bailout, nationalizing two car companies, and a badly run cash for clunkers program. Much of the so-called stimulus was political payback to political backers. How on earth is $8 billion to ACORN going to stimulate the economy? How is giving $3 billion to the Brazilian government oil monopoly Petrobas for exploration going to stimulate our economy? (BTW, his backer George Soros just bought a huge stake in Petrobas just before that.)

bush caused a war for no reason, when most told him not to, chenney himself even said it would be a bad idea to occupy iraq in an interview when he worked for elder bush. obama is getting our troops out quickly as possible, and sending more to afghanistan (where they should have been the whole time).

Where his people promptly took the bad rules of engagement that the Bush admin had promulgated and made them even worse, making our troops more vulnerable and preventing them from taking on the Taliban when they took refuge behind civilians.

obama is not trying to take away ur freedoms, please provide REAL EVIDENCE if u have FACTS, but we'll see...
finally, how could cnn give the enemies info about our troops? i doubt they would sit in their cave/house/hut, watching cnn to get their info on troop locations. and i doubt cnn gave away info on troops that would put them in danger, but if im wrong please provide with evidence from actual broadcasts.
This is from CNN itself (surprisingly)
http://money.cnn.com/2009/07/24/news/ec ... /index.htm

I'll also mention the infamous cap and Trade bill pending that he whole heartedly supports. It will burden this nation with new restrictions on our freedom to choose the energy we want in vain pursuit of a scientifically challenged climate change theory. It will destroy the domestic oil industry and ironically make us even more dependent on imports. it will increase your electricity bills by a factor of 3 to 4.

Numerous people he has appointed to high positions have publically stated that Freedom of Speech is anti-democratic, and we need to follow Hugo Chavez's example in restricting it to protect our new democracy. Not just Van Jones either. http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=28906 http://www.infowars.com/obama-official- ... -internet/

You really think our enemies don't watch the Castro News Network? They play up to it

unlike bush, im not afraid tp admit when im wrong. something our current president isnt afraid to admit either.

most the people on here r gonna hate obama regardless, so ill try to stop posting... still looking for the answer to my original post. anyone got proof of the brainwashing?

Like I said earlier.... Republican, Democrat... two arms of the same monster. As long as we are at each others throat about who is right and who is wrong, the politicians (both repubs and dems) can pretty much do whatever they want. And have their way paved by their respective media sources (fox / cnn). Wish we could all take a step back and see the forest, instead of fighting over each individual tree. You want change in politics??? Find a way to get rid of the two party system and call for term limits in congress. The president gets too much credit / too much blame for things as it is. He does not have enough power. Congress does. If you want to force government to listen to you, don't vote party lines, and vote every incumbent out of congress.

Rom 13:1 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God.

Rom 13:2 Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves.

old bearkat, interesting stuff, im gonna get on a computer tomorrow and check ur sources, on my cell now, takes forever, but i will get back to u. i can garuntee though, that the deficit got way larger before 2006, bush and the repubs had control for 5-6 yrs before that happened.

to the last guy, coach something, u tell us to not think ur judging a man(who is a christian) but u pray that god will give him a revelation, and before that u quote about the antichrist. please dont judge the man if ur gonna say ur not (but actually r), especially since we know what jesus said about judgement...

for the record, i am not for our deficit rising, but fdr did it with the new deal, and it got us out of the big one, so maybe obama knows something we dont... all u people that think obama is thr antichrist need to stop reading ur bible with rose colored glasses on because there were democrats that said the same thing about ur mesiah/koolaid man, lol.

6man- FDR's deficit spending did not get the country out of the Great Depression...matter of fact the Depression deepened during his first term. World War II did it with the increase of world GDP through more investment in war technology. This technology spurred technology outside of defense, and became integrated into society. It's actually the reason why you are able to access this great site today. I would further contend to you that the reason we are in the economic mess we are in today stems all the way back to the New Deal with all of the entitlements it brought to the country. When we get down now, we expect the government to bail us out. The markets are almost purely based on confidence, and you will see they have not recovered because the public is not confident. Any time the government gets involved, it erodes public confidence in itself. FDR also made one of the worst decisions EVER by abandoning the gold standard by which inflation is hedged and government growth is stifled. You will also see in FDR's policy the Agricultural Adjustment Act of 1933 which deepened the level of hunger in the United States, and no President since has had the guts to reverse.You can then thank FDR for making the oil industry a cartel through the Connelly Act of 1935. Of course you can thank FDR for our energy crisis in many other ways by establishing the Tennesse Valley Authority (or TVA) which did a great job of employing out of work people, but also made the production of energy a "public" option. It put many private producers of energy out of business, and ended up raising energy prices...does this sound anywhere familiar to anything that may be going on today? But the real kicker was the National Industrial Recovery Act (found unconstitutional later on by the Supreme Court in 1935) which decided we could just toss aside any semblance of anti-trust legistlation and allow businesses to collude to raise eroded price levels, so we could in turn raise wages above production levels, which in turn forced more businesses to close and lose more jobs, and then in turn make unemployment SOAR. In 1937, we saw some improvement because low and behold, FDR listened to some conservative economists and did what?...BALANCED THE BUDGET. Something that you will also note happened during the Clinton years under what?...a CONSERVATIVE Congress. What did we have during those years? Hmmm...arguably the best economy this country has ever had. You will also need to note that FDR admitted in a speech that the American economy had become, "a concealed cartel much like Europe". Sound familiar to anything today?

Sorry for rambling on...but I thought you might like a little proof to back up some of your quotes. As far as the issue at hand, my school will not be airing the speech. I believe it is a decision that a parent should make with their child. I do not believe it is the place of schools to allow government intervention. This is not to say that what the President will have to say will not be impactful and encouraging, but I do not think it is the right forum. There's a novel concept, getting the government out of the schools.

so the term FDIC means what to u? becus i know most americans wouldnt dare puting their money in a bank that wasnt FDIC. since thats the govermment getting involved, by ur line of thought, the public wouldnt have confidence in an FDIC bank, but they do.

also, if such a great republican congress balanced the budget when clinton was in office (there u go again taking credit when its good and laying blame when its bad) why did the same REPBULICAN congress allow the economy to go to shambles when bush took office? oh wait, ur gonna say that didnt happen until 2007, when democrats won majority? thats bull butter, the economy got screwed when they stated removing govt regulation on wall street, and junk bond trading, and people gambling on peoples houses getting forclosed on, oh and the whole pointless war in IRAQ, which wasted and is still wasting billions annually. this happened under a republican president and a republican congress.

for all the schools not showing the speech, so much for freedoms in this country which u say obama is taking away. guess u forgot about freedom of speech and press. and to the notion of removing govt from schools, that would be good for some things, but bad for others, like funding. they have some schools like that, theyre called PRIVATE schools, and go see how much a teacher makes in those places, or how much free speech, or religion, or press is valued there.

so i guess u heard the speech has been released before he even says it. Wow, so much propoganda on there that i almost quit my job to join the facsist party. u all that were worried, be careful, if ur child hears it, they may become encouraged to actually try hard.

and u say democrats over react? wow. way to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

hurry up and look for something else to lie and over react to ur own lies to...

we wouldnt want kids being motivated by a black yankee would we?

for those of you that feared u wouldnt be there to tell ur kid to think republican thoughts, relax there is not partisanship in it.

but go ahead look for another reason to keep ur kid out of school, their already poor enough, u go ahead and lower ur schools ADA, and ull kill 2 birds with one stone, or should i say bullet, since u prolly have more guns in ur house than books anyways. isnt it dove season already, heck make it a skip school slash hunting day, and u can brainwash ur own kid.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
Ronald Reagan

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.
Ronald Reagan

You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done.
Ronald Reagan

America has begun a spiritual reawakening. Faith and hope are being restored. Americans are turning back to God. Church attendance is up. Audiences for religious books and broadcasts are growing. And I do believe that he has begun to heal our blessed land.
President Ronald Reagan,

Some people go their whole life wondering if they ever made a difference. Marines don’t have that problem.
Ronald Reagan (1911 - 2004)

http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Ronald_Reagan

I was looking for one quote in particular and did not find it. I did find these others that I think are still good ones. The website link is to the page I found them. Was I a Reagan fan? YES and I still am for what he did for this country.

You younger people will nto be able to understand this but in the late 70s to mid 80s the threat of nuclear war was over our heads ALL the time.....the end could come any second. Reagan put a stop to that.

Why am I on Reagan when the subject is Bin Ladin.....I mean Obama? I have no real reason except to show you that one time we did have a great President that did great things for this country.

The more a governent gives you the more they can take away.....not sure where that originated.

I am very scared for this country, not just because of who is running it but for the direction it has been headed. I hope this, the greatest country to ever exist can pull through these tuff times and still be here 500 years from now.

Andy

Interesting quotes, but they have little to do with this post. Obamas speech is quite the motivational speech for kids these days, yet people still are bias towards him for the sadly obvious reasons. I am scared for this country too; when people associate our president with a man who wants to end this country simply because of his name or skin color, it shows how far we have not gone since the 60's (1860's slavery was ended officially due to the civil war (wasnt the cause but a result), 1960's laws were passed to end discrimination).

Please, look passed this man's skin color to realize he is very bright, passionate for this country, and motivated to help EVERYONE. He has potential to be a great president like Reagan, Clinton, FDR, or Kennedy. If not, you have some serious issues that cannot be addressed on this board.

So, it looks like all the people who were afraid of Obama brainwashing their children can relax and watch the speech to look for other ways in which the president might be a nazi, antchrist, or muslim, lol.

6manfan4life":6sp8yp3m said:
By the way, what did Reagan do for this country? Also, do you remember a thing called the Iran Contra Scandal?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran%E2%80%93Contra_affair

Its interesting how the republicans have helped the terrorists more than democrats ever thought of. Check out this article about how the US, with President Bush's approval helped members of Bin Laden's own family just a few days after September 11, 2001.

http://www.nationalreview.com/york/york091102.asp

All I need to counter that is Barrack Obama is a part of the most corrupt political machine in the USA - the Daley Democrat party. I live here and see that sewer every day. He's not clean and never has been. He just hides it better than the Clintoons did.

Google Rod Blagojevich, Rahm Emmanuel, Tony Rezko, ACORN, Bill Ayers.

If George W. Bush had been the first President to need a teleprompter installed to be able to get through a press conference, would you have laughed and said this is more proof of how he inept he is on his own and is really controlled by smarter men behind the scenes?

If George W. Bush had spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to take Laura Bush to a play in NYC, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had reduced your retirement plan's holdings of GM stock by 90% and given the unions a majority stake in GM, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had made a joke at the expense of the Special Olympics, would you have approved?
If George W. Bush had given Gordon Brown a set of inexpensive and incorrectly formatted DVDs, when Gordon Brown had given him a thoughtful and historically significant gift, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had given the Queen of England an iPod containing videos of his speeches, would you have thought this embarrassingly narcissistic and tacky?

If George W. Bush had bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had visited Austria and made reference to the non-existent "Austrian language," would you have brushed it off as a minor slip?

If George W. Bush had filled his cabinet and circle of advisers with people who cannot seem to keep current on their income taxes, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had been so Spanish illiterate as to refer to "Cinco de Cuatro" in front of the Mexican ambassador when it was the fourth of May (Cuatro de Mayo), and continued to flub it when he tried again, would you have winced in embarrassment?

If George W. Bush had mis-spelled the word advice would you have hammered him for it for years like Dan Quayle and potatoe as proof of what a dunce he is?

If George W. Bush had burned 9,000 gallons of jet fuel to go plant a single tree on Earth Day, would you have concluded he's a hypocrite?

If George W. Bush's administration had okayed Air Force One flying low over millions of people followed by a jet fighter in downtown Manhattan causing widespread panic, would you have wondered whether they actually get what happened on 9-11?

If George W. Bush had failed to send relief aid to flood victims throughout the Midwest with more people killed or made homeless than in New Orleans , would you want it made into a major ongoing political issue with claims of racism and incompetence?

If George W. Bush had ordered the firing of the CEO of a major corporation, even though he had no constitutional authority to do so, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had proposed to double the national debt, which had taken more than two centuries to accumulate, in one year, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had then proposed to double the debt again within 10 years, would you have approved?

So, tell me again, what is it about Obama that makes him so brilliant and impressive? Can't think of anything? Don't worry. He's done all this in 9 months -- so you'll have three years and seven months to come up with an answer.

Republicans corrupted??? Democrats corrupted??? Weird.... Whodathunkit? Lets everyone divide up and talk about how wrong the other side is, and let the politicians reap the benefits.

George W didnt bow to the King of Saudi Arabia, he took him to Crawford and held his hand as they walked. Before that he helped the bin ladens leave the country, you know osama's family. and before that, they backed his various failed business ventures. Character assasination has been around ALOT longer than 1992. Why dont you look to the 1800's, When an Adams supporter wrote lies about Jefferson and Burr, http://www.common-place.org/vol-09/no-03/drexler/

And if you wanna go more recent try Reagan and Mondale, remember the tank?

Please stop thinking that democrats invented this stuff, Republicans are the most evil of all.

The point of this discussion was to ask why people didnt wanna hear Obama's speech, and I still got no good responses, especially when Bush Sr. did the same thing, except he actually visited a school. Wonder what would have happened if Obama did that here, let me guess... insert ur favorite racist joke. Pathetic. You guys keep raising cane over nothing, its gonna get you real far in life... The lies have worked for the public option, which I doubt anyone can even explain properly.

Needless to say, Obama didnt brain was your children, so dont worry, he didnt get them to think "black". Man its a sad day in this country when over 230 years after we created it under the idea that all were created equal, we still cant have actual equality. Sad, sad, day...

Where in the world did you get your education? You might want to go back and finish the job. Your writing skills are worse than horrible.

Blame Bush for half the debt. Your boy Barry doubled it in less than 9 months. TARP? It caused as much uproar at the end of last year as the health care debacle is causing now - and passed without the help of the evil republicans.

Bush has done many things I don't like. Namely he fought the war trying to be nice instead of obliterating our enemies from the planet. There was no need for the war to last as long as it did. Afghanistan will be the new vietnam, but all you little panty-wasted tree huggers were too caught up in Iraq to see what was going on. Now your boy is allowing us to lose.

I could go on all day about just how wrong you are in just about everything you have written - but let me focus on just one point.

Your ignorance is utterly astounding when it comes to barry's school speech. Had he only wanted to make a speech - that would be just fine. But here is where you completely miss the bus - it was about the lesson plans, and spending the day worshiping at the throne of the new baby jesus that I had a problem with.

Go hug Barry's berries all you want. But leave Bush out of it - he's out of the game. This is Hussein's country now. He has to take ownership of the problems he created.

Oh - and if I decide to take my kids out of school to avoid having them indoctrinated through a "Worship Obama Day" that is totally my right as a parent, and is really none of of your of your business.

Dear 6manfellerferlife,

Yew knowd, I done thought that neerTardation wuz almost dead and here yew come and prove me wrong. Fer those of yew who don't knowd whut neerTardation iz: it iz an IQ that reaches above the level of those luvable folks that any of yew wud walk through hell for and not quite to triple digits. Them folks tween 70 and a hunnered that iz able to be free, walk around, drive and hold down sum sorta job and drive all the rest of us crazy.

classic response, u know my logic makes sense, so what do u do? attack my spelling and grammar? wow thats awesome guys. i am on my cell phone so typing can be a bit messed up, and im spelling fonetically, something ur gonna have to look up, its spelled with a ph in the dictionary. have fun trying to analyze my spelling, but the fact remains, obama had no intentions of converting ur kids. and if u took ur kid out or school, u proved my point as well. u have no good reason to not allow ur child to see it. he inspired kids to do good. how is that ever harmful? exactly, never. keep judging him based on his skin color, or his name, and america will stay the bigoted places it was well known for under bush.

u know who else spoke to kids yesterday? michael vick. so, based on his criminal record, would u allow ur child to listen to him speak instead of obama?

Back