Balmorhea’s dominance in D2

After tonight’s 90-46 win over #2 ranked Jayton, is it too soon to say that there’s not a team in D2 who can actually give the bears a game? They head into the quarter-finals where they will likely meet Motley County. Having already been beat by Jayton in district, can they even play a full game with Balmorhea ? You never know with it being the playoffs, but Balmorhea’s dominance was clear to see tonight.

While I agree with you, they do look to be the most dominant team in D2. And are my pick to finally win it all. I also see the same familiar trends that have cost them State titles in the past.

They definitely can't sleep on Motley County or any team for that matter.

How many other D2 teams have 13 seniors?
If memory serves me correctly, the 2001 Whitharral team had 14 or 15 seniors on it.
But there was only one division back then.

Johnny South":34wb3q1c said:
How many other D2 teams have 13 seniors?
If memory serves me correctly, the 2001 Whitharral team had 14 or 15 seniors on it.
But there was only one division back then.

How many other teams had 4 kids move in last year lol. The balmoreah kids born and raised homegrown.

Has Balmorhea won state in the Vance Jones era? I remember seeing them in Jerry World a few times, just can't recall how they did

6for6":3rrxi3id said:
Has Balmorhea won state in the Vance Jones era? I remember seeing them in Jerry World a few times, just can't recall how they did

Balmorhea has yet to win a state championship. Jones was able to do it at 2 other schools. He has a great shot at making that 3 schools this year.

I thought the Rankin game would show most that they should be #1 in D2. Richland is way down and Motley County has struggled to stop several teams this year. It is the weakest D2 has been in a while in my opinion.

6manonly":23kqzq4d said:
How many other teams had 4 kids move in last year lol. The balmoreah kids born and raised homegrown.

I’m just wondering, are you “lol” because you know that you are lying? Or because you don’t know that you are lying?

Johnny South":g5c6b3np said:
6manonly":g5c6b3np said:

I’m just wondering, are you “lol” because you know that you are lying? Or because you don’t know that you are lying?
Get him Johnny. Defend those home boys.

I would like to see Coach Jones get another ring and ride off into the sunset. I would guess he would be the first coach to win a state ring with three different schools (Marathon, Garden City, and [hypothetically] Balmorhea; taking a 4th, Sanderson, to the state game.)

Bears ready? Sir! Bears Win!

Back