Azle Christian School vs. Dallas The Covenant Who wins?

pojocrusader

11-man fan
Both teams are strong and fast, but it will come down to who has enough gas to finish. I definitely think that Azle has the potential and talent, to bring home a victory this week. I must say though that it will be a footrace to the end and will be decided by momentum. I was very impressed with the effort that Covenant put against Throckmorton, however I am still very optimistic about this Saturday. Good luck and see ya there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think this thread was started in the wrong sub-forum. Good luck to both teams, but what happens between a couple of private schools really isn't a discussion topic for D-I District 1 folks.

I'm just sayin'.

rainjacktx":1cs6k949 said:
I think this thread was started in the wrong sub-forum. Good luck to both teams, but what happens between a couple of private schools really isn't a discussion topic for D-I District 1 folks.

I'm just sayin'.
rainjack i do believe that might be the understatement of the season so far lol

That is an incredibly long drive for a 1-1 team to play either but hey Follett and Valley travel to Hico every year so it could happen.

We'd need some sort of guarantee that the private school would even show up before making that kind of trip. Don't know if it's a state-wide issue with private schools welching on games, but I've been to more than one game in the Amarillo area where the private never said a word - they just didn't show up.

Azle Christian Has never forfeited or cancelled a game in school history. God has blessed us with the resources and players to field a Varsity and Junior Varsity each and every year. While many schools cancel for various reasons, there are just as many schools who stick to their schedules. Regardless of their opponents record or state standings.

pojocrusader":19k0l395 said:
Azle Christian Has never forfeited or cancelled a game in school history. God has blessed us with the resources and players to field a Varsity and Junior Varsity each and every year. While many schools cancel for various reasons, there are just as many schools who stick to their schedules. Regardless of their opponents record or state standings.

That's good to know. With scheduling becoming tougher and tougher for the top teams, looking to the privates may be a viable alternative in the near future.

This is very true rainjack. Both sides public and private will benefit from playing each other. Playing bigger teams instills the mentality that while you may be the best in your division or league , you still must play to perfection to win. A loss is not necessarily a bad thing if it motivates your kids to buckle down and be the best they can be.

pojocrusader":1ms75ll8 said:
This is very true rainjack. Both sides public and private will benefit from playing each other. Playing bigger teams instills the mentality that while you may be the best in your division or league , you still must play to perfection to win. A loss is not necessarily a bad thing if it motivates your kids to buckle down and be the best they can be.

and this is exactly why i feel like covenant will have no problem handling azle this week... they beat a very average public school in milford and hung with t rock till the end. cant see this game being close.

Based soley on the fact that an azle fan posted this thread on district 1 division 1 UIL board, I'm going with Dallas Covenant by a large sum

Back