AZLE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL BASKETBALL STATE CHAMPS

pojocrusader

11-man fan
First football state champs now basketball , who knows we look pretty good on the baseball field too!!!!CONGRATULATIONS COACH RUSHING AND OUR FIGHTING CRUSADERS

No offense, not that hard winning state with 10 teams in your league. Thats like winning a New Mexico 6 man title or the Grey Cup for the CFL.

Play nice boys. It's about the kids here. If they are happy, who cares how many teams are in their league. Just don't get real diamonds in those rings. lol

Ah yes, decredit a State championship due to ignorance?(Coach) Let me also guess your either a PUBLIC school coach or maybe a team we beat? Eaglesnest let me be very clear with something we obtained the greatest reward (STATE TITLE) due to hard work nothing less. Forgive me for being overzealous about our school and teams, but when your passionate about something its hard to hide The elephant in the room.................k back to hibernation

Coach Bear":1lyki105 said:
No offense, not that hard winning state with 10 teams in your league. Thats like winning a New Mexico 6 man title or the Grey Cup for the CFL.
EPIC FAIL!!!!!! try 17 teams in our league!!! besides that my toy's are waaaaaaaay cooler than yours......or wait my team plays a harder schedule ....why not just congrats??????

I usually do not respond to things like this but I feel I need to. My son Haustin Burkhart played football at Hardin Simmons University last year and has now decided to focus on becoming a coach and transferred to Tarleton State University. The other day one of his instructors in his conditioning and fitness class asked the whole class if anyone in the class has won a state championship. He raised his hand and told the instructor he was a part of two state championships. The instructor asked him what school and he said Richland Springs. The the next question was what classification was it. Haustin told him 6-man class A. The instructor told him that did not count because that is not real football. This really made me mad, not only did he demoralize the game of six man football he put down my son. I have coached both 11 man and 6 man football. I can honestly tell you that I have become a better coach because of 6 man football. Maybe some of us 6 man coaches need to get a 11 man job and show them we can coach with the best of them. People do not understand the hard work these kids put into their lives. We tell our kids you get what you put into it. I feel that it does not matter how many teams or what divisions they are in. If they win it, they should be called State Champions. I guess we need to tell the 1A 2A programs that they should not be state champions either since they are not in 5A. Congratulations to Azle Christian and don't let anyone put down the accomplishments you have achieved by winning state in football and basketball. Keep working hard and enjoy the success. People are just jealous. I told Haustin keep your head high you received what you put into it. You are a State Champion and nobody can take that away from you. I am sorry if I hurt feelings or made anyone mad. This is the way I see it. Let the kids and coaches enjoy their time. The people that are gripping are not the ones paying for the rings anyway. Show that ring off. Enjoy your moment and God Bless

Coach Burkhart
Richland Springs Coyotes

I went to Tarleton and took that class
from the same instructor. (I checked the schedule).
Saying 6man isn't the same football is like saying
that particular instructor isn't a coach
cuz his daddy is the AD.
DOH!

Coach Bear":htbja270 said:
Now, now.
There are only a SELECT FEW
of us
that are allowed to say really stupid things.
You ain't in the club.

Yeah you're right that was rude of me. I was more so joking than anything. TCAF and TCAL have some tough teams. I don't agree with their rules on enrollment but def. respect their winning program. Congrats!

The instructor told him that did not count because that is not real football. This really made me mad, not only did he demoralize the game of six man football he put down my son.

Coach Burkhart,

What is the instructors name? I have a mind to email him and share a piece of my mind.

Coach Bear":g1rmsh4y said:
Yeah you're right that was rude of me. I was more so joking than anything. TCAF and TCAL have some tough teams. I don't agree with their rules on enrollment but def. respect their winning program. Congrats!
Good form Coach.
As iron sharpens iron.

Texman301":22m57wj5 said:
The instructor told him that did not count because that is not real football. This really made me mad, not only did he demoralize the game of six man football he put down my son.

Coach Burkhart,

What is the instructors name? I have a mind to email him and share a piece of my mind.
Just check the Class Schedule.

Coach Burkhart,

I'm willing to bet that if that is a conditioning,fitness class, that would probably fall under Strength and Conditioning Coach Rob Cole who is Stephenville Faith's AD. I bet he would like to here of this instructors views on 6 man football.

Look i understand just as Coach Burkhart does , that people love to throw stones at things that SHINE! Its a punishment weve come to enjoy ..........but i take no offense

" Winning is a habit.  Watch your thoughts, they become your beliefs.  Watch your beliefs, they become your words.  Watch your words, they become your actions.  Watch your actions, they become your habits.  Watch your habits, they become your character."  Vince Lombardi

First, congratulations Azle. Coach Burkhart, I've encountered the same rejection or dismissal of my enthusiasim for the game as simply a fan, never playing or coaching 6man from even friends earlier in life that I've tried to enlighten. Seen them grin, chuckle, roll their eye's.
I've also seen your son play, along with the last couple of years teams. I think he and you deserve the rings and trophies, y'all had to have worked hard or you woudn't have them.
Plenty of other teams out there, especially in UIL, that would have liked to have kept you from them but didn't.
I think it's a matter of ignorance and prejudice. Most of the people with that attitude have probably never seen a 6man game, or at least not a good one. Maybe they hear about 20 minute 70-0 games or 102 to 100 and laugh. They don't understand how a 350 # lineman couldn't handle 6man because he couldn't last even the 20 minutes. Or, the prejudice part, their narrow mind is made up. 11 man came first, is biggest, anything else is less.
As an employee, not in Athletics or Phys Ed, I can assure you not all TSU personnel hold 6man in such low esteem. I've even discussed the subject with a maintence guy that played and a couple of Professorrs who like the game.
Just curious, where did you go to school?

Back