Aquilla

If it's in the first half, or in the second half with more than a couple of minutes left in the game - I can agree.

But inside a minute left in the fourth, anything but taking a knee is unacceptable in my book. I've watched some of the best coaches in the state take knees for 4 downs to run the clock out.

With the verdict secured, no reason to take unnecessary risks. Emotions can run high in an important game. We have all seen unfortunate incidents where a young man, unable to control his temper, will take that last shot at his opponent. Maybe those ‘best coaches in the state’ not only understand good sportsmanship, but the responsibility to protect the young men on the field as well.

PopeBurford":25s1aba1 said:
With the verdict secured, no reason to take unnecessary risks. Emotions can run high in an important game. We have all seen unfortunate incidents where a young man, unable to control his temper, will take that last shot at his opponent. Maybe those ‘best coaches in the state’ not only understand good sportsmanship, but the responsibility to protect the young men on the field as well.

At least 5 trips to the finals and three rings among them. I think you can drop the quotation marks.

I don't know how "unacceptable" it is with under a minute. That short period of time may mean the world to those JV kids. Can you imagine not playing on varsity all year, then getting to play in a playoff game? That's how you get the fire in them for the next couple of years.....and get those little JH kids in the stands wanting to play in HS......everybody wants to be a part of a playoff victory.

Now, with that being said, if it's a regular season game, and your starters and subs are one in the same.......I wouldn't hesitate to take a knee. Everybody has played, nobody is injured, get the heck out of there.

Back