Anything but

Tigerfan85

Six-man master
Please for the love of sixman football let’s talk about anything but Ridgon, Ethridge, top this top that or best of and what if’s. What happened to week to week talk of games coming up? Or some trash talk for fun ? Ridgon has moved on and that was smart. He’s having a hell of a year in 11 man. Let it go. Ethridge was great no doubt we all know that too. But who’s top dog this year? I haven’t seen anything about a stand out player this season. We have player of the week but it doesn’t get much talk.

I will kick it off with the May Tigers Ben Harrell. Kid has had a great season so far. Clutch on offense and defense. Definitely not afraid of contact.
Couple more things… 1. it’s not called the J bird offense just ask an old school coach or player. 2. Defense seems to be less important year by year. Score’s nowadays are insane. There that should start some heads to explode.

Please for the love of sixman football let’s talk about anything but Ridgon, Ethridge, top this top that or best of and what if’s. What happened to week to week talk of games coming up? Or some trash talk for fun ? Ridgon has moved on and that was smart. He’s having a hell of a year in 11 man. Let it go. Ethridge was great no doubt we all know that too. But who’s top dog this year? I haven’t seen anything about a stand out player this season. We have player of the week but it doesn’t get much talk.

I will kick it off with the May Tigers Ben Harrell. Kid has had a great season so far. Clutch on offense and defense. Definitely not afraid of contact.
Couple more things… 1. it’s not called the J bird offense just ask an old school coach or player. 2. Defense seems to be less important year by year. Score’s nowadays are insane. There that should start some heads to explode.
Thank god for this post ! I agree it’s time to move on. Lot of kids out here deserve recognition in sixman . Maybe 11 man talk can get deleted at soon as it’s posted to help. Especially 11 man stats . With that said .

That Harrell kid is a very talented athlete! Definitely a go getter ! Number 2 has me scratching my head . 😂

I know youre not new here so you already know if there's no drama to talk about people don't want to talk and there's no drama this year because Gordon and Jayton done have it all sown up if they stay healthy.

Don't tell Gordon that defense is less important. Theirs last year was amazing and probably better this year. CAn't wait to see them in Jerry world dominate whoever is there.

The real questions are what teams can push Gordon or Jayton to a full game and why aren't there any?

Herrell at May, Fosset at Oglesby, Gutierrez at Iredell and Kensing at Blanket Just some that i have seen that are having good seasons.

Couldn't have said it better!!!

Copied from Mineral Wells Area News​

Horns improve to 7-0 with win streak extended to 22 games.
GORDON – If you are going to a Gordon football game, try not to be late. You will likely miss a lot of scoring, and perhaps miss the game altogether.

The Longhorns once again made quick work of an opponent, blanking the Lingleville Cardinals, 53-0, in another Gordon game called at halftime because of the Texas sixman football 45-point rule. Friday’s affair was the District 13-1A-1 opener for both teams.

Stryker Reed and Ry Reed both scored rushing touchdowns, with Stryker Reed throwing for another. Quarterback Noah Kostiha threw a TD and Aiden Shank to an interception 37 yards to the house. Gordon put up 47 points in the first quarter.

The ‘Horns ran just 11 offensive plays, racking up 256 total yards (196 yards rushing on eight carries, and 60 yards passing).
The Cardinals ran more offensive plays – 31 – than they had total yards – 26. Lingleville managed just 28 yards rushing and (-2) yards passin
Ry Reed (no relation to Stryker) was the first to score after a 6-yard run. That was followed by a Kostiha-to-Brayden Walters touchdown pass that went for 35 yards. Stryker Reed ran 39 yards for a score ahead of Shank’s touchdown oskie. Stryker Reed accounted for the next two first-quarter scores, first on a 25-yard pass caught by Evan Jackson followed by a 34-yard run.

Gordon’s lone score of the second quarter was a 35-yard run by Ry Reed.
The Class 1A-1 defending champs and ranked the No. 1 sixman team in the nation, Gordon has won 22 games straight and 34 of their last 35. The ‘Horns are outscoring opponents 393-34 on the season, playing beyond halftime just once this season.
The ‘Horns improved to 7-0 on the year and 1-0 in district, tied with Baird (5-2, 1-0), which took down Gorman, 50-19, dropping the Panthers’ record to 2-5, 0-1 on the year. Ranger (2-4) had the week off, and will host Gordon on Friday.

Back