Anybody know the scuttlebutt about Marble Falls?

WesTexSixMan

11-man fan
I've just read that the Superintendent in Marble Falls has "reassigned" Eric Boettcher to coordinate PE at an elementary school. Seems line a bit of a step down after taking the Girl Mustangs to the State playoffs. It apprears like there just MIGHT be some politics involved. Anybody know the scoop?

The San Antonio paper mentioned it briefly on page two of the sports section in light of other coaches fired when they were doing well. Seems that there could be, in the coach's eyes, some jealousy among others in Marble Falls that his program was doing well and the rest (my words) stunk on ice.

But something tells me, there's more to the story than meets the eye.

The poop on the other website has the supe being the bad guy and reassigning the coach for losing control of his assistants. There are those who say it is jealousy, and that probably some one's little girl didn't get to play.

Others say that the coach put all the eggs and money in one basket, that of basketball and the other girl's sports were hind teat.

Who knows in today's world. Know of a coach who won a state championship in girl's basketball and have to endure a chewing on the court in Austin cause some one's kid didn't get to play enough.

Seems stuff like this goes on in pro sports as well..

Having the New Jersey Devils in first place in the Atlantic Division with a week to go in the regular season got coach Claude Julien fired on Monday.

Sound strange?

Only Devils GM Lou Lamoriello could fire his coach and make it seem like it's the most logical decision in the world.

When you work for general manager Lou Lamoriello, it's all about winning Stanley Cups.

Feeling that Julien didn't have the team ready to make a Cup run with the playoffs scheduled to start next week, Lamoriello fired him on Monday and took over behind the bench for the second straight year.

I was thinking it was probably a jealousy/conflict thing. It mentions Eddie Shell's, his attorney (I know him well), daughter being on the squad. Eddie has been crossways with the school district before so...who knows.

Thanks for the info.

ps - Ice Hockey IS a sport just as is Professional Wrasslin!

I have had experience with the Sup that is at Marble Falls. I do not believe that his kids are old enough to play on the Varsity yet. Plus from what I remember, they are boys.

In defense of the Sup, he has very high morals and standards that he has set for not only the staff under him but also for his students. He is 100% "about the kids" in everything that he does at his job.

I don't know anything about the situation at MF, but I do know the Sup personally. He is not going to make decisions based on some kid not getting to play enough. There is probably something underlying in the situation that will not hit the papers and be left to speculation.

Anyway, those are my two cents. But hey, in this world, Sups normally get the raw end of the deal when a coach is "reassigned." I hope the best for both sides of the deal.

-oldschool

oldschool6man":dxezppt6 said:
I have had experience with the Sup that is at Marble Falls. I do not believe that his kids are old enough to play on the Varsity yet. Plus from what I remember, they are boys.

In defense of the Sup, he has very high morals and standards that he has set for not only the staff under him but also for his students. He is 100% "about the kids" in everything that he does at his job.

I don't know anything about the situation at MF, but I do know the Sup personally. He is not going to make decisions based on some kid not getting to play enough. There is probably something underlying in the situation that will not hit the papers and be left to speculation.

Anyway, those are my two cents. But hey, in this world, Sups normally get the raw end of the deal when a coach is "reassigned." I hope the best for both sides of the deal.

-oldschool

OK, I'll buy that, especially when I don't know the man and was merely shooting from the lip just to keep something going here.

Back