Another Curmudgeon Bites the Dust

CowboyP":11z7ce8c said:
smokeyjoe53":11z7ce8c said:
Hey BearKat, you remember those phones that had the dial that you stuck your finger in and turned to make a call? I actually remember my parents had a phone with a crank.
I remember rotary phones, & I've used the crank style for catfishing...

I know a guy that got in big trouble bragging about a mule deer he poached on the Internet.

smokeyjoe53":30cid1zb said:
Hey BearKat, you remember those phones that had the dial that you stuck your finger in and turned to make a call? I actually remember my parents had a phone with a crank.

Used one for many years right up into the 90's. Like Cowboy, I've used the crank phones for catfishing.

oldfat&bald":1lsvbefu said:
CowboyP":1lsvbefu said:
smokeyjoe53":1lsvbefu said:

I know a guy that got in big trouble bragging about a mule deer he poached on the Internet.

That was so long ago and far away, it does not matter any more. The Statute of Limitations ran out years ago.

Old Bearkat":dpatkvhp said:
oldfat&bald":dpatkvhp said:
CowboyP":dpatkvhp said:
smokeyjoe53":dpatkvhp said:

That was so long ago and far away, it does not matter any more. The Statute of Limitations ran out years ago.
I only used it in private ponds, and haven't used one in over 10 years. It was efficient though....

How far down are you supposed to drop the leads before making a call with the crank phones? I've heard of doing it and I've seen the crank phone shockers. But I've never done it.

Back