Andre Ross

Looks like Mr. Ross has played in 4 games so far this year. I have'nt been able to catch him on TV yet. Heres his stats so far.

Games Played 4
8 Tackles, 7 solo and 1 assisted
1 Sack for a 9 yard loss.
2 BP/GP Browken Up passes

kuddos to Mr. Ross!!!

Let's hope that Mr. Ross can step it up and make a smooth transition to the big time.

Winbush moves into Tech two-deep, displacing JC transfer

Submitted by Don Williams on October 22, 2013 - 10:48pm

Zach Winbush has replaced newcomer Andre Ross as Texas Tech’s backup bandit outside linebacker and has a chance to stay there for a while. Winbush played about 10 snaps Saturday in Tech’s 37-27 victory at West Virginia, giving relief to starter Pete Robertson.

Ross didn’t travel to West Virginia. Before Saturday, Ross had played in every game this year except against TCU, which he missed with an injury.

Co-defensive coordinator and outside linebackers coach Mike Smith said Ross is OK physically now.
“He’s got to continue to get better every week and do the right things on and off the field,” Smith said. “We’re here to get an education and go to class and do all the right things. Football’s second. There’s some things he needs to correct and clean up.”

Ross, who transferred to Tech this year from Navarro College, has eight tackles, a sack and two pass breakups.
Winbush had found playing time hard to come by at inside linebacker, though he has a fumble recovery and a 63-yard interception return. The junior from Schertz Clemens is an engineering major, and his classroom workload caused him to miss some spring practices and fall behind some other players competing for inside linebacker spots in the two-deep.
He’s in his third week training with the outside linebackers.

“It’s still new to him,” Smith said, “but every week he’s getting better. The thing I like about Zach is he has the will. He wants to learn. He wants to get better. He’s going to come to my office every day, ask questions. The more he understands it, the more he’s going to play.”

Smith said it’s a good opportunity for Winbush, because he’d like to rest Robertson a little more than he has in the first half of the season.

http://redraiders.com/interact/blog-pos ... mdPnxB5mSN

Back