Alvin Living Stones

coachbronk

Six-man fan
We just got a call from them informing us that they are canceling their game with us on Oct. 9th, which happens to be our Homecoming. Any word on whats going on their?

There has been a lot of turnover. I came on as the Head Coach there in April and conducted spring and summer for the program. I did not work at Living Stones, I worked for a public school and my position was changed due to new administration, which cut me out from coaching (I was having to commute to Alvin after school each day). So in August they picked up a new coach, but they lost many of the their players due to many reasons. They have enough to field a team, but I don't think that many of them have any six man experience at all. I would assume (and it is just that as I have no contact with Alvin and I am currently an 11 man running backs coach at a 6A school) that the game was cancelled because it would have not been beneficial for either team, I wouldn't want my team to get run over for the sake of getting run over if they were completely inexperienced, and if my team had good numbers, experienced, and was solid, I would not want a game that ends with a half time 45 just for the sake of a 45.

I completely understand that but I take issue with the fact that they cancelled in Week 1. I think it would be a safe assumption that they had a pretty good idea at the very least at the close of the 1st week of camp. They should have had the professionalism to contact me at that time so we could have begun the process of finding a game. Ultimately, I worked out for us and we got a game scheduled.

Yeah I understand. I don't know all the ins and outs of it, I was just weighing in with my two cents (which isn't much:) Good luck on your season!

Back