All-region picks

3-peat13

11-man fan
I realize with the semis coaches are able to meet pick the all-region players, just wondering if any coaches could name them off , especially the region with ira, wv, throck, rankin, crowell, and.sterling city, the battle between the moris and michum kid mustve been interesting!

Not that all-region isn't a big thing for the kids, but I think Region 2's presence on the all-state roster will be pretty lopsided as compared to the other three regions. But you really can't ignore the Ritchie kid from BC, or the Buchanan kid from Valley.

And then there's the whole defensive side that I am utterly clueless on.

Not sure about the east - as if I really cared - but I think the west's overall dominance will show when the all state teams are announced.

jc_30":1sqqrkpd said:
Agreed Rainjack. Looking at where some of our kids landed, in positions they never even played.

I'd visit with the coaching staff about that. Surely they should know which position the kid plays...

twodollarbill":1w9qj4zm said:
jc_30":1w9qj4zm said:
Agreed Rainjack. Looking at where some of our kids landed, in positions they never even played.

I'd visit with the coaching staff about that. Surely they should know which position the kid plays...

Sometimes the competition for positions is pretty fierce. Often times kids are moved from one position to another in order to ensure that the best players are recognized.

Really Raincrack? So I suppose in your professional opinion none of the kids even deserve to be on the field. All of these kids from the east and the west that received the honors deserved them. Each team has strong years and some not so strong. But the fact remains that each of these kids get out there in 100 degree temperatures and practice everyday and put all of their heart into each game doing the best that they can do. They deserve respect because they play the game and love to play. They dont need someone like you telling them that they dont deserve to be in a playoff game or state game. They certainly dont deserve to be called "waterheads" or "cedar choppers". You run the kids from the east down everychance you get It was obvious that Throckmorton was the powerhouse this year and they deserved to win state, however that does not minimize the effort that the kids from the east put in. The kids from Throckmorton showed alot of class in their victory and they didnt have to talk about anyone, this is part of what makes them the winners that they are. Maybe you should take a lesson from these kids and learn a little bit about respect. Or maybe your just some freak that gets off on running kids down. Great job to the
kids from the east and the west. Its been a pleasure watching you all, and dont ever let anyone minimize your efforts. Keep your heads up.

I thought this was all about the best players. One or two good players in six man can make a team a winning team. This certainly doesn't mean that the team that won state had ALL or most of the best players. Almost every team we played had an outstanding player or two. Just because they didn't win state doesn't diminish their skills. A good TEAM effort does not mean all the players are outstanding, you know.

I know how all-region meetings work, but looking at our picks we had a District MVP cause of his spread rushing ability and takling make it for Corner.

I want to recognize the mothers of these kids. For the time and effort they put in and protecting them . Especially the one mother forcing her husband coach to take their son out of the game , after the second concussion . More power to the mothers. Sometimes you do know more than coaches, dont you.

Back