Advice for first-timers heading to Shotwell

granger

Six-man expert
Founder
I just thought we should start a post to give advice to those attending their first state championship game.

1. Get there early and walk around outside. There will likely be fans tailgating and getting ready for the game. I also imagine Richland Springs will have their entire trailer with merchandise to sell. Heck, people may even offer you food.

2. You can sit on the sunny side, but you may be looking right into the sun the whole day. Be prepared. It tends to be pretty sparse over there.

3. Don't make dinner reservations too early. Sure you may think the game is going to be a 45 at the half, but don't do it. I remember a certain year we all decided where dinner was going to be at the half... next thing you know Calvert wakes up, Sanderson's top defender is hurt... and we are there all night.

4. If you think the goofy dude with strange hair is Cowboy, you are probably right.

5. If you think the dorky-looking dude with the glasses, hovering near the press box is me, you are probably right.

6. If you think the nerdy-looking kid who looks like he just graduated from Blackwell is Leman, you are probably right.

granger":1fv7a2vv said:
I just thought we should start a post to give advice to those attending their first state championship game.

1. Get there early and walk around outside. There will likely be fans tailgating and getting ready for the game. I also imagine Richland Springs will have their entire trailer with merchandise to sell. Heck, people may even offer you food.

2. You can sit on the sunny side, but you may be looking right into the sun the whole day. Be prepared. It tends to be pretty sparse over there.

3. Don't make dinner reservations too early. Sure you may think the game is going to be a 45 at the half, but don't do it. I remember a certain year we all decided where dinner was going to be at the half... next thing you know Calvert wakes up, Sanderson's top defender is hurt... and we are there all night.

4. If you think the goofy dude with strange hair is Cowboy, you are probably right.

5. If you think the dorky-looking dude with the glasses, hovering near the press box is me, you are probably right.

6. If you think the nerdy-looking kid who looks like he just graduated from Blackwell is Leman, you are probably right.
the leman part is spot on lol.

jk old friend

I can't make a mohawk anymore. Too much hair loss. I've been wearing a black cap with orange flames, or a beat up old resistol that looks like it needs thrown away.

Also, if you don't have allegiances set on the RS side as they point there huge really loud horn at the other side. You might be able to hear the announcers occasionally, converse with others occasionally and end up with less of a headache. P.S. set on the far end from the horn for additional protection. Good chance it may blow often but for the sake game I hope it might be competitive.

Sanderson and Calvert played at San Angelo Stadium. Old Bobcat Stadium is across town and is where Central's subvarsity plays. The Bobcats varsity does play at San Angelo Stadium. Just saying

markf":2x5m5tki said:
Heard the UIL won't allow RS trailer to sell their school goods at the state game,Really? is that true?

The UIL doesn't allow any other venders at the state basketball or baseball games I don't see why they would let football slide.

topher80":1uxtu10z said:
I thought we were all meeting for sushi in Darrouzett?!?!?!??!?! WHAT HAPPENED?!

BBQ at Sharon's after the game in honor of Don Hardin after the games. Close by. Decent rating. Games are too close together for lunch in between.

A buddy has been begging me for a couple years to take him to a six-man game. So, if you see a funny-looking guy wearing a Dave Campbell's Texas Football shirt and trying to explain to his friend why they keep lateraling the ball, come up and say hi to me.

Back