A classy program

As the same Sterling City that never has and will never beat us in sixman football either. I admire their heart this year but most likely, coulda and shoulda don't count, just final scores in my opinion but what do I know. As far as "cramping" that late in the season, maybe another wind sprint or two would have helped out in practice. Sounds to me like, by listening to you, Sterling should be playing Abbott tomorrow because there are a lot of "ifs" in your corner. HeeHee. What kind of coyote are you anyway? B.C.?

Well the Hinderliter stud that cramped up hurt his knee early in the season and had not played a whole lot before the wv game, no I'm not saying that sc would be playing Abbott right now, because throckmorton is phenomenal. However I am saying that they would have had a better shot at being 9-1 or 10-0 and would have got to play the tough throck squad second round! Well sc hasn't beat wv since going six man, yet! You are right though, sc will be in a rebuilding phase for a few years, but they will get a win against water valley sometime! Sc and wv have had some good games since the six man era of this rivalry started, only 1 has ended in a mercy rule and that was due to 5 starters for sc being out. Let me try to get this right, the 5 times they have played the score has been 46-49, 34-46, 30-64, 44-52, and I don't know what the score was in the mercy rule ending, I want to say like 76-30?

WVYoungGuns":2s9bh8sx said:
As the same Sterling City that never has and will never beat us in sixman football either. I admire their heart this year but most likely, coulda and shoulda don't count, just final scores in my opinion but what do I know. As far as "cramping" that late in the season, maybe another wind sprint or two would have helped out in practice. Sounds to me like, by listening to you, Sterling should be playing Abbott tomorrow because there are a lot of "ifs" in your corner. HeeHee. What kind of coyote are you anyway? B.C.?

Careful there Bubba on your prognostications. WV had not beaten GC in 6 man since 1948 until this year. You had not beaten Sterling City in 6 man since 1946 until 2008. You don't have anywhere near the football tradition that Sterling City does, and they came pretty darn close to knocking you off in the regular season this year.

XYZ, what title doesn't run through water valley? Softball and baseball are the only ones I can think of offhand just because we dont play. At least someone has a chance there. But never know because according to queen and in all her infinite wisdom we have a chance there too because i think we can, we could, if, heehee. OBK, I was a little bold in that statement but if it was in the neighborhood of 60 years of us beating sc, i will only predict 55 more years of sc being our whipping dog.

Also queen, according to your highness, hinderliter doesn't really count because he is a native robert leeer. I will give you him being a stud though. Wish he would have graced our halls instead.

After rereading ur post again queen, the year we 45'ed sc, 5 starters were out? Where did you get that, some place where you talk from it sounds like. Heehee

WVYoungGuns":34ayv1gu said:
XYZ, what title doesn't run through water valley?
Football. If you are talking about the fact that Throckmorton used WV as a stepping stone on their way to the title game, there are several schools that can claim the same thing.

Yes 5 starters were out in that game.. And when those starters returned healthy the next year, sc made a run to the championship. If your not going to count Hinderliter as an sc player, than you might as well take York, Copley, and Kirkland off your roster.

WVYoungGuns":2v4aq2la said:
XYZ, what title doesn't run through water valley? Softball and baseball are the only ones I can think of offhand just because we dont play. At least someone has a chance there. But never know because according to queen and in all her infinite wisdom we have a chance there too because i think we can, we could, if, heehee. OBK, I was a little bold in that statement but if it was in the neighborhood of 60 years of us beating sc, i will only predict 55 more years of sc being our whipping dog.

Until more Angelo refugees move in and drive you back to 11 man, where you will play Christoval, Mertzon and Miles forever.

coyote_king":xjhanb5w said:
Yes 5 starters were out in that game.. And when those starters returned healthy the next year, sc made a run to the championship. If your not going to count Hinderliter as an sc player, than you might as well take York, Copley, and Kirkland off your roster.

What happened when Hinderliter got to the Championship?

hornkeeper12":32k8z4ge said:
WVYoungGuns":32k8z4ge said:
XYZ, what title doesn't run through water valley?
Football. If you are talking about the fact that Throckmorton used WV as a stepping stone on their way to the title game, there are several schools that can claim the same thing.
I like that Hornkeeper !!!!

longhornfan1970":138c4vez said:
Wanted to congratulate Water Valley on a great season !! There is no shame in a loss, especially this late in the season, you made it farther than 95% of the teams !! Your young men, coaches and fans all showed excellent sportsmanship, the basis of a great sports program !!!

As a WV fan and supporter I appreciate your post to start this thread. Thank you longhornfan1970!

The second poster of this topic very much disagrees with you. Furthermore, they are not a WV fan, nor do I believe a WV student. I truly believe it is the same old disgruntled employee that has been stirring shiite up for 2 years now. Am I certain, no. However I would bet the farm on it. But regardless, that fight has been waged and evidently lost. The instigator is not going to stop. Outsiders are going to continue to either jump on the anti-WV wagon or see it for what it is. Either way WV will practice hard, play hard, and fight on to do their best regardless of sport in both the boys and girls ranks. Quality school that will keep on keeping on with hopes of continued progress. That's pretty much all that matters.

Not sure why it bothers me but it does. In this case 1 poster with a negative post causing 5 pages of response from what I am assuming are adults. Not sure what bothers me worse. 1 idiot poster, or 5 pages of idiot takers. I have a beautiful 20 acre beach front property right outside of WV I will make any of you a good deal on. PM me if interested.

Its pretty much the same ignorance the bitter loser posted about the Gordon Longhorns being the dirtiest team in 6man football. Why, for TWO personal fouls. Actually all it was was a couple 15 yard penalties in a playoff game where tension is high. No more, No less. The only difference was that poster calmed down and accepted the loss after a couple days and the topic died. WV has been plastered by a bitter loser as well for two years. If your Gordon Longhorn fan that loves your school and community, I am sure you can relate. Now imagine being unfairly targeted by a very bitter moron portraying himself as several users for two damn years.

With an attempt to end this rant on a better note.

Congratulations to the Throckmorton Greyhounds and Richland Springs Coyotes! I enjoyed watching both these great teams in Abilene.
19 weeks of commitment and working the hardest paid off again. I realize that doesn't even consider off-season and summer training. Well Done!

Congratulations to Follett and Abbott as well. Both very good teams and it was obvious to me. No shame in losing to either of these State Champions.

Time to let by gones be by gones. Thanks horn for your compliments but just remember when we are hoisting our trophy, I will be doing the same for you. I agree with simply in more than one way, don't know why everybody has to hate, it is lonely at the top, why can't you just enjoy our success like we are enjoying it. We are on the summit right now so please be kind and don't rain on our parade. Thanks for chiming in simplyput because we really need to do something about the haters.

Back