6 Man footballinthe Great White North

coachjames

11-man fan
Good day all,

My name is James and am brand new to the board. Been doing a lot of reading so I figured it was time. A little back ground, we play 6 man football up here too since there is no 11 man(CFL) high school teams in our area,but the rules are a little different. Its a new sport to us and we have been running a very basic playbook with only a couple formations ( I and dubs/split rec). Finding any sort of playmaker for 6 man is near impossible and I really feel I am not helping these young men up to their college/university potential by not teaching them all I can about what you can do in a game and how to do it. I am also fairly new to coaching with only 2 seasons under my belt as a 6 man coach and 1 season as a 11 man. So what I am asking is for a little help with plays, I have some great talent that can run and pass very well I just need to be able to use them better. Our only really major differences are we play full length field(all 110yds) but only 30yds wide and the center of our formation is an ineligible receiver(not the center himself but the center of the formation).

Any help would be great. my email is [email protected]

on a side note I bought the 6 man football book that many have recommended on this board just waiting for it to come in.

Thanks in advance, Coach James

Come on down to Coach Burkhart's clinic. You'd learn a lot more from that than just trying to figure out arrows, squiggles, x'es and O's on a Big Chief tablet..........,

Coach Burkhart does a great job of filming and selling those DVDs from the clinic. It's been 4 or 5 years since I have been to one, but I'd bet he could sell you some DVDs of whatever topic and speaker you want. I'd recommend anything from Mike Reed, Jerry Burkhart, Shane Mallory, Trey Richey or Bubba Edwards, Bret Tyler, Mike Bigham, and Vance Jones. Probably missed some others but that gives you some guys that are top tier guys with variety in style of play.

Oldiebutagoodie":1iewz2ew said:
Coach Burkhart does a great job of filming and selling those DVDs from the clinic. It's been 4 or 5 years since I have been to one, but I'd bet he could sell you some DVDs of whatever topic and speaker you want. I'd recommend anything from Mike Reed, Jerry Burkhart, Shane Mallory, Trey Richey or Bubba Edwards, Bret Tyler, Mike Bigham, and Vance Jones. Probably missed some others but that gives you some guys that are top tier guys with variety in style of play.
My second suggestion...........assuming they have modern conveniences like DVD players up in the Great White North..........

yeah we got all them fancy TV things with DVD and the Bluray... :) I will look into those sessions. I saw the information on the 2017 on and there was somethings that interested me there so I might wait until that over then talk to them about what they have available.

Back