6-man final fours

DirtyBayBulldog

11-man fan
Which division is the most intriguing?
Each division has their own storyline

D1: Boys state team. Congratulations to Gainesville and Giddings for their accomplishments thus far. One will have a title shot game. The positive goal these young men need to continue their growth.

Veritas vs Lutheran. The final rematch that we thought would be the finals rematch that is actually in the semis. Will Veritas defeat Lutheran this year?

D2: Alpha Omega has a legit shot at a title. I know NBCA has defeated them in the past and they are returning state finalist but that AO team is tough and gritty.

Watuagu vs Bracken: can Watuaga topple Bracken. The talk on Bracken has been quite all year here. Most assumed they are a lock in D2.

D3: the reputation of Baytown. Probably the most most sought out team to defeat based on the social media blitz. Four solid teams left in the d3 playoffs. This Summit/Baytown game has the feel of a big-time rivalry game and the two have never played.

Weatherford rematch with Faustina. For Weatherford it has been part two of district run. Will that help them in the final game or hinder them?

Thoughts on the state wide games?

I think the Veritas game will be a very good game. I don't see any of these divisions other than D2 being determined yet. Lutheran has some talent and depth and should be able to put up some points. Veritas passing game is pretty tough to stop but keep in mind Emery almost took them down and may have handed Lutheran the blueprint to keep this one close.

Bracken should handle Watauga with ease leaving them with a matchup with NBCA or Huntsville. This Huntsville team has made some noise and could very easily knock of NBCA. That should be a entertaining game

The Baytown and Cedar Park game should determine who takes home the D3 crown. I do not think Weatherford or Faustina have what it takes to handle either of the teams in the south bracket. I do think the Weatherford vs Faustian game could be a little closer this go round.

I was really trying to keep my mouth shut, but i cant let these posts and the other one on playoffs go.

Why does anyone think Veritas is better that Lutheran? Please explain......

Lutheran looses one game to Union Hill (power ranking 571), by the way we scored 33 points by halftime and then Issiah went out with the flu.

Additionally, Lutheran is not a one man team. We have 4 returning all state players and I dont remember the # of all district. Coach Shup has done a great job of getting young guys experience this year and we had lots of injuries to work through. We are healthy and proved it by beating Sugar Land. BTW we had multiple touchdowns called back. Still 45'd by 4th quarter. DLS beats NBC, NBC beats Veritas.

Please explain your logic why you think Veritas can beat Lutheran. Its not based on facts. the Lutheran team this year is better than last year and Issiah is 100%.

BTW if you hadnt read my posts I am a Veritas fan too, except when they play us.

In my opinion the only TAPPS team that could play with Lutheran is Baytown. I was 3-1 in picks last week So here are my picks this week.

Lutheran covers the spread

Gainesville surprises Giddings

Also if you got Dallas Lutheran Facebook page their will be a link for a live audio broadcast, assuming it works lol!

Lionsbacker":2k146vr0 said:
I was really trying to keep my mouth shut, but i cant let these posts and the other one on playoffs go.

Lutheran looses one game to Union Hill (power ranking 571), by the way we scored 33 points by halftime and then Issiah went out with the flu.

Additionally, Lutheran is not a one man team. We have 4 returning all state players and I dont remember the # of all district. Coach Shup has done a great job of getting young guys experience this year and we had lots of injuries to work through. We are healthy and proved it by beating Sugar Land. BTW we had multiple touchdowns called back. Still 45'd by 4th quarter. DLS beats NBC, NBC beats Veritas.

Please explain your logic why you think Veritas can beat Lutheran. Its not based on facts. the Lutheran team this year is better than last year and Issiah is 100%.

BTW if you hadnt read my posts I am a Veritas fan too, except when they play us.

In my opinion the only TAPPS team that could play with Lutheran is Baytown. I was 3-1 in picks last week So here are my picks this week.

Also if you got Dallas Lutheran Facebook page their will be a link for a live audio broadcast, assuming it works lol!

Lionsbacker, anyone who thinks that Veritas will run away with it doesn’t know what they’re talking about. Veritas is finally healthy and is playing at a very high level but but Dallas Lutheran is extremely well coached and has the best player in TAPPS. They scored 90 something points against a good Sugarland team for a reason. I think it’s gonna be a good game. We’ll know soon...

I can go on what I've seen of Veritas being they played Baytown. I've also seen Sugarland play two games and ask that you explain to me how Logos scored 52 points?

DirtyBayBulldog":av748ufq said:
I can go on what I've seen of Veritas being they played Baytown. I've also seen Sugarland play two games and ask that you explain to me how Logos scored 52 points?

Agreed DirtyBay! I've seen film on both Lutheran and Veritas and I still say Veritas will win this game. A Lutheran defense that let Sugarland Logos drop 52 on them will not be able to stop the Veritas offensive attack (run and pass) and the Veritas defense is too well coached and will be able to shut down Isaiah and Lutheran's other weapons.

DirtyBayBulldog":23e7ipzu said:

52 points is pretty crazy. Sugarland was a very solid team but the overall team speed was not there to keep up with Isaiah. They had a very shifty spread back and some Solid hitters on defense but they lacked overall speed. This will be a closer game than most think.

@lionsbacker if you want to play the "they beat them by this much, so they should beat them by this much" game, then here we go...
Veritas beat Emery by 1 --> Emery beat Lakehill by 49 --> Lutheran beat Lakehill by 9

Lionsbacker":4k33td97 said:

I would love to see a Lutheran vs baytown matchup! I’m afraid Lutheran would be very disappointed with the outcome. Much respect for both programs

UncleRico":zaupalyv said:
@lionsbacker if you want to play the "they beat them by this much, so they should beat them by this much" game, then here we go...
Veritas beat Emery by 1 --> Emery beat Lakehill by 49 --> Lutheran beat Lakehill by 9
It’s hard to determine who will beat who by looking at past games. Here are facts. Veritas was missing 4 starters in the New Braunfels game and their top running back played, but was puking between series bc of the stomach bug. At the same time, Dallas Lakehill was down their starting QB and RB when they played Emery which led to Emery’s lopsided victory. My point is that these are two quality teams that are going to face off this weekend. Any declaration of who will win is premature.

The knock on Veritas for me is against Baytown and Emery, Veritas was shut down in the second half. Maybe gassed, maybe the opponents pinned Veritas and the coaches couldn't make the return adjustments? Don't know. But that's a concern.

That Veritas vs. Emery game was one of the best games of the year. I drove down to Giddings to go watch and was well worth it. Very defensive game. Emery was having a little trouble with Veritas offensive attack at the beginning of the game and Emery's offense kept sputtering. But come second half there was adjustments, and Emery's run game started to pound a little and the defense didn't allow a score for the rest of the game. Emery and Veritas are definitely two of the top defenses in Tapps, with two solid D Lines, hard hitting backers, and good secondaries. Lutheran will have problems next round with that Veritas defense, they are coached very well and have some of the best technique I've seen from any team all year. Veritas also has the rare ability to be able to score almost every drive. Veritas will win state this year as long as they're able to stop Sampson on the ground.

Well I guess we will see in a few days, a few thoughts:

* cant remember the Lions punting this year in a TAPPS game. We do score every drive. Average is 2.5 plays
* The post about comparison to Lakehill score. It was our last game, we had secured first place, and we were
resting people and making sure we had no injuries.
* Veritas lost 3 games while they had injuries and sickness, we had injuries and flu bug and did not lose a
game.

I am not taking Veritas lightly, just the opposite. I just cannot agree with a post saying Veritas by 30 with no solid reason behind it. Lions beat them last year, I think we are a stronger team than last year, I have heard Veritas is not. I deeply respect their coach, AD, program and kids. Second favorite team!

It should be a good game!

Also want to say to Dirty Bay. I have been following Baytown and I have seen some film...impressed!

Can they beat DLS, I think it would be a good game. I am biased for my team, but want you to know i respect yours.

Lionsbacker":275nbsmp said:
Also want to say to Dirty Bay. I have been following Baytown and I have seen some film...impressed!

Can they beat DLS, I think it would be a good game. I am biased for my team, but want you to know i respect yours.

I respect defending champ Dallas Lutheran. These are just limited knowledge projections. It should be a heck of a ball game between the two teams.

FYI,

The Lions / Defender game will be broadcast on Dallas Lutheran Facebook page, look for link before kick off.

Subject to facilities at stadium.

Lionsbacker":g2gorjjb said:
FYI,

The Lions / Defender game will be broadcast on Dallas Lutheran Facebook page, look for link before kick off.

Subject to facilities at stadium.

Sounds good, I'll be watching.

Back