6 Man Coaching Development

crporth2

11-man fan
Hello everyone!
I transitioned from 11 man to 6 man successfully this season in middle school. Went 7-3 in my first year. A few coaches from here helped me. THANK YOU!
Looking for resources for more six man information.
For 11 man football I had -
Glazier Clinics - I found a little bit there but its really geared for 11 man.
Championship Productions and Coaches Choice Videos, XandO Labs great information for 11 man.
Are there any links to 6 man coaching resources that you would kindly share?

Besides this web site I have found that this entity has a clinic -

Thanks
Rich Porth
[email protected]

Last edited:
The 6man community is super tight knit. I would honestly email some coaches who are at some of the top schools in the state, especially ones that run an offense similar to what you are wanting to run and they are usually super helpful. If you know what you are wanting to run, shoot me a message on here and I can direct you toward the coaches that run a similar offense that are successful with it.

There are atleast two YouTube channels with actual games on them. While I usually use it for my own personal enjoyment, you can learn a lot from watching good teams. Although I would give an example, I'll wait until after the season because the team I watched and learned from is still in the playoffs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok thanks for the input, I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing some resource like the ones I listed. I probably will watch some of those games.

This year I was a spread gun offense using some 11 man spread concepts - Run Left then bubble right, right right then Tunnel left, Run up the middle, throw the go route.

I think I am going to have to keep exploring because the type of players abilities vary greatly from year to year at middle school age.

Thanks for reading and responding!

Ok thanks for the input, I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing some resource like the ones I listed. I probably will watch some of those games.

This year I was a spread gun offense using some 11 man spread concepts - Run Left then bubble right, right right then Tunnel left, Run up the middle, throw the go route.

I think I am going to have to keep exploring because the type of players abilities vary greatly from year to year at middle school age.

Thanks for reading and responding!
In JH it may change nearly every year. Kids develop and change so much at those ages it’s hard to have anything “set in stone”. You seem to be willing to put in the effort so I have a good feeling you’ll be fine after another year maybe 2 at most. Welcome to the 6 man community btw

Back