Hello Coaches,
I am new to 6-Man Football. What are the rules for young men who graduated last year but are still 18 years old during the football season?
This would be boys who graduated at a young age (home schooled) and are still 18 years old this football season this year. Need some clarity. Thanks.

Coach Bobby Perry
In TAIAO if they have graduated they are ineligible to play regardless of age. Even if they graduate at 16 they are ineligible.

Thank you very much everyone.
How would you handle it if you know you are playing a team that is playing graduated young men? The teams are not part of TAPPS or TAIAO. They just play 10 games and are home schooled. Most of my team are 15 16 year old boys who are in their first year of organized ball. Having a boy, who should be in college, come across the field and hit one of mine upsets me to where I don't want to play the team just to keep my boys safe .

I can’t remember what year it was, but there was a coach that had his son and some college aged guys play. They weren’t a great team but that coach pulled that and definitely got caught. And to make the story even better, they still lost the game. Kids that have graduated should never be allowed on the field as true HS students…

How would you handle it if you know you are playing a team that is playing graduated young men?

I'm not a coach so I can't speak to what I'd do, even though I'd imagine I wouldn't be playing the game. Kid's safety should always be the first concern.

As a parent, though, I wouldn't let my kid play in that game. There's a reason some divisions have requirements against this type of situation.

Roach that would be Texas Christian Houston that did that! They play in TCAL and one of the coaches of that team was the collage kid playing. That's why TAPPS will not allow anyone in there organization to play a TCAL team The answer to the question is don't paly that team ever again and follow the coach and never play his team.. If its My boys its more important to learn a lesson then to get hurt

Roach that would be Texas Christian Houston that did that! They play in TCAL and one of the coaches of that team was the collage kid playing. That's why TAPPS will not allow anyone in there organization to play a TCAL team The answer to the question is don't paly that team ever again and follow the coach and never play his team.. If its My boys its more important to learn a lesson then to get hurt
That’s not why TAPPS doesn’t allow their teams to play TCAL schools. It has something to do with Saint Anthony leaving TAPPS to avoid a sanctions and joining TCAL.

How would you handle it if you know you are playing a team that is playing graduated young men? The teams are not part of TAPPS or TAIAO. They just play 10 games and are home schooled. Most of my team are 15 16 year old boys who are in their first year of organized ball. Having a boy, who should be in college, come across the field and hit one of mine upsets me to where I don't want to play the team just to keep my boys safe .
Are you a coach at this school and set the schedule?

If the Kirkland boy from Rankin is available you would want to pick him up..

Back